Breakaway - Haven or Aft-Facing Suite?

ryarger

I'm considering a trip (3 of us) on the BA in late 2016 and it looks like we may have the option of a standard Haven Penthouse or an Aft-Facing Suite.

It seems the balconies on the Haven Penthouses are pretty dinky and the Aft-Facing Suite balcony looks HUGE.

However, how big of an advantage is it to be situated right in the Haven courtyard? Do you get more prompt service from the butler? We loved having a balcony dinner in a PoA suite and the Haven balcony doesn't look big enough to do that.

What pros and cons have people found between these two options?

Thanks!

There are pluses and minuses to either. We loved the huge balcony on the aft suite and I tend to spend a lot of time on my balcony. We didn't mind the walk to the Haven for meals, we just figured that we were getting some exercise. However, we probably didn't use the sundeck, hot tub or pools in the Haven as much as we might have if we were staying in the Haven itself. We found that we had to plan out the time more than just going spur of the moment. When we were in the Haven, we'd walk by and see that no one was there and pop into the cabin to put on our suits and jump in the hot tub.

It's a toss up, but for me personally, I'd still choose the aft suite. Enjoy whichever you decide!

It's a hard choice. The Penthouse suite on the Breakaway is disappointingly small. Very similar to just a mini suite small! Two of us felt crowded and never did find the cabin "comfortable"...BUT it's a great Haven to be in. The dining room is right there, the bar is right there, the concierge has a desk there, saw the butler all the time, the tubs, pool, and sun deck are right there. I've always loved aft balconies, but on the Breakaway, it's not the distance from the Haven facilities, it's that the rest of the ship always seemed noisy and crowded. As poor as the cabin is, I think I'd choose it again.

Thanks everybody for the excellent feedback and advice! We've decided to go with the Haven suite for now - due to one of the passengers using needing mobility assistance we were able to get 16128 which has lots of space (even if the balcony is still small).

Looking forward to our first Haven experience!

I stayed on the aft penthouse on the Getaway about seven months ago and also had the same questions about whether it would be better staying in the Haven...so we booked the courtyard penthouse and just got off the Getaway about a week ago... My decision goes to the aft penthouse. As someone above stated the courtyard penthouse in the Haven is disappointing and the balcony is minuscule. The service is definitely better when staying in the Haven ....in the aft penthouse the butler service was fine she did everything that you asked but other than that never really saw her...while the butler when staying in the Haven was always around asking if there was anything he could get us. Also checking out the hot tub's in the Haven when they were empty and just popping in was a real help. Having the restaurant and lounge right outside your door was also great BUT you can't beat the size of the Aft Penthouse two bathrooms and a Huge balcony. if you eat in the specialty restaurants for dinner especially Cagney's and Modernos your actually a lot closer from the aft penthouses. If I actually stayed in the Haven area again it will only be if I can spring for the two bedroom penthouse.... And even then you're getting a relatively small balcony.