Quality of Internet on Grandeur

payankee

I program a radio station by remote. I had planned on having someone take over for me on our 10 day Western Caribbean in Feb but wonder if the internet on Grandeur is reliable enough that I could log on and do some things if necessary?

Just returned from the Grandeur on 12-9 and had the internet package. I was able to check email to stay in touch with aging family members and did a daily blog. However, the internet was spotty in some areas during travel and I was not able to load pictures into my blog. The pictures were taking way to long to load and I had much better ways to spend my time. We were on a western Caribbean cruise. Hope this helps somewhat.

I was on Grandeur in April of this year and the internet was great! We were always able to get on line, even in our room, and the speed was pretty good for being on a ship. I was surprised/

However was on the ship again in late Oct. of this year and the internet was awful! We bought the unlimited package and it was hit or miss, mostly miss. The last two days we were not able to get on line at all.

So I would not count on being able to do what you want to do while on the ship.

We just got off the Grandeur yesterday (9 Dec- 19 Dec). The internet was extremely slow some days and worked well other days. W found that our computer with Windows 10 would connect quicker, and provide a more reliable access than our other window based (non 10) computer. Our IPAD would access all the time and provided reliable access to the internet. No where near as fast as home.

So I would say it is hit or miss!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your insight into the internet. I guess I will go with trust in the person I train to run the radio station for 11 days! If it is slow in any way, the remote connection I need will not work. This will be a real vacation then for me.( I wanted to add "what could go wrong" but that would be to frightening to think about!!)