CART on Royal Caribbean

stmrocket

I have seen quite a bit of information on these forums regarding ASL interpreters but nothing regarding CART (Real-Time Captioning) services. Unfortunately, I am not fluent in ASL (although I am working on that) and saw that Royal Caribbean a CART captionist for an upcoming cruise. Does anybody have any experience with this?

• 4 weeks later...

I would be interested in your feedback after your cruise on how CART made things better. I would also be interested in the name of the company that provided your CART....(that is if you don't mind asking the transcriber). I am assuming that RCI hires someone from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by IrieBajan54

There's another thread in this part of the forum titled "Hard of Hearing" with some information on how CART worked out on Celebrity, which is the sister company of Royal Caribbean.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132448

This thread was over a period of time, but see Post #26 for the report.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

• 5 months later...
My cruise isn't until the end of May but I will certainly post a detailed "review" of how CART worked for me on the cruise. I ALWAYS try to get to know my writers and interpreters so I'll find out how it all works!

STMROCKET - Would love to "hear" how CART worked out for you. I'll be going on Allure in Oct. and am sending out an email to my travel agent to request CART for my sailing.

Did you need to provide any medical proof that you require it?

STMROCKET - Would love to "hear" how CART worked out for you. I'll be going on Allure in Oct. and am sending out an email to my travel agent to request CART for my sailing.

Did you need to provide any medical proof that you require it?

CART worked great for my sailing. I met the captions the first night and would go over the show schedule for the next day each night.

It was amazing to actually be able to understand the shows for the first time in many cruises!!

They don't require any proof, only a request.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...