BTBTB Wine Policy

SuzyQ123

We have the same cabin # , will we get new S&S ?

Everyone doing a back to back cruise meets in the lobby at the time instructed by a memo delivered to their cabin the night before. In the lobby they check you in for the second cruise and issue you a sail and sign card. They also give you a passenger transit certificate. Everyone then walks off the ship to customs together and gives the customs officer their custom certificate. You can then walk back onto the ship immediately or if you prefer you can leave and go into port. You are only required to bring your sail and sign card, passport and your custom certificate with you. Your luggage is left on board. If you are staying in the same cabin for your next cruise you don't need to do anything with your luggage. If you are changing rooms between cruises your room steward will ask that you pack any belongings that are not hung up in the closet and he will transport your luggage and all of your clothing in the closet to the new cabin. He will transport your hung up clothes on the hangers to the new closet. If it is a cruise ship with a refrigerator be sure to empty any of your personal belongings such as wine or food out of it and pack it in your luggage if you wish to take it to the new room. Turning in the custom certificate mainly due to the wait in the lobby for everyone to arrive takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Otherwise if you elect to remain on board you have the ship to yourself from the time that the other passengers leave until customs approves boarding of the new passengers. This is the way it was done on my past backpacks. My last back to back with less than 1 year ago.

Edited by Jana60

Everyone doing a back to back cruise meets in the lobby at the time instructed by a memo delivered to their cabin the night before. In the lobby they check you in for the second cruise and issue you a sail and sign card. They also give you a passenger transit certificate. Everyone then walks off the ship to customs together and gives the customs officer their custom certificate. You can then walk back onto the ship immediately or if you prefer you can leave and go into port. You are only required to bring your sail and sign card, passport and your custom certificate with you. Your luggage is left on board. If you are staying in the same cabin for your next cruise you don't need to do anything with your luggage. If you are changing rooms between cruises your room steward will ask that you pack any belongings that are not hung up in the closet and he will transport your luggage and all of your clothing in the closet to the new cabin. He will transport your hung up clothes on the hangers to the new closet. If it is a cruise ship with a refrigerator be sure to empty any of your personal belongings such as wine or food out of it and pack it in your luggage if you wish to take it to the new room. Turning in the custom certificate mainly due to the wait in the lobby for everyone to arrive takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Otherwise if you elect to remain on board you have the ship to yourself from the time that the other passengers leave until customs approves boarding of the new passengers. This is the way it was done on my past backpacks. My last back to back with less than 1 year ago.

THANKS, if by some slim chance I still have wine in MDR will it be ok for 2nd leg? Tom

THANKS, if by some slim chance I still have wine in MDR will it be ok for 2nd leg? Tom

To be on the safe side you should take your wine back to your room unless the dining staff informs you that it's safe to leave it on file.

Edited by Jana60

I did a b2b on the Breeze in September. I had two bottles of wine in my bag, showed the person my boarding passing for both cruises and he let me take them. I was traveling with a friend who only cruised for the first leg of my b2b and he had his own bottle of wine, so we boarded with 3 bottles.

Many organizations have written rules that they do not enforce - on purpose. It is something they can fall back on if they need to.

Clearly in the case of BtoB's, Carnival is waiving compliance with their written rules. It works for them, and it works for their passengers.

So anyone bringing on is actually not in violation of Carnival's rules. Carnival is chosing to waive them.

Carnival has some policies concerning back-to-back cruises that it hasn't actually written down. For instance they usually give some type of a gift to the person cruising back to back. It's not written down rules but I've yet to meet a single person who did not receive some type of little perk for cruising back to back since the cruise line really appreciate this frequent business. So at my first back to back there was a basket of fruit and a bottle of champagne on the counter when I returned to my room. On my second back to back there was a basket of fruit and a ship on a stick and in addition the cruise director offered me a free drink every time he saw me for the entire second cruise. I only accepted one drink from the gentleman but I thought it was a kind gesture that he continued to offer repeatedly thereafter. I've always received the best of service and care from Carnival Cruise Line on all of my back to back cruises.

Edited by Jana60

I guess I really started a firestorm! LOL! We've decided to each take 3 bottles in our carryon, have all 3 boarding passes handy......and just in case things don't go in our direction, make sure that we each take the 2 most expensive wines with us! Either way, we're on vacation and ready for a great trip!:)

I guess I really started a firestorm! LOL! We've decided to each take 3 bottles in our carryon, have all 3 boarding passes handy......and just in case things don't go in our direction, make sure that we each take the 2 most expensive wines with us! Either way, we're on vacation and ready for a great trip!:)

The most important thing is that you enjoy your time!!! Have fun, love each other, and bring home great memories!