Question - Crown Princess Entertainment

peninsula_2014

Taking a 4-night cruise on Crown Princess in January. First time on this cruise line. What are the entertainment shows like? Scale production or cozy shows intended for small audience? Is there a need to make reservation, if so, can I make it on line or have to wait to be on board?

Taking a 4-night cruise on Crown Princess in January. First time on this cruise line. What are the entertainment shows like? Scale production or cozy shows intended for small audience? Is there a need to make reservation, if so, can I make it on line or have to wait to be on board?

When we did the Crown, there were 3 "production" shows in the main theatre. No reservations required, but, if you wanted a good seat you had to be there early (the theatre is shaped kinda funny, so there were some seats on the upper seating area sides that, for us shorter types, just don't work).

The shows were your basic musical review (many theme-connected songs, no storyline). Personally, I thought one of them was fairly good, the others not so much.

Got it, thanks for the information.

BTW, has anyone tried the sports facilities on board? I read that there are courts for basketball, badminton, etc. Do you just go and play, subject to availability? Or, reserve for a fee, etc.?

Again, first time Princess cruiser. Trying to learn more before boarding.

Got it, thanks for the information.

BTW, has anyone tried the sports facilities on board? I read that there are courts for basketball, badminton, etc. Do you just go and play, subject to availability? Or, reserve for a fee, etc.?

Again, first time Princess cruiser. Trying to learn more before boarding.

Very small sport facilities. You just show up. No fee. Located on the very top of the ship.