MSC Divina for teenagers

ShannonSC2

We are looking at going on a cruise during spring break. There will be 3 families going. We all have children ranging from 10-18 years old. Do you recommend the Divina for families with teenagers?

We have sailed 5 times with NCL, 1 time with RCCL and 1 time with Carnival. We are use to there being a lot of action and entertainment on board and teen clubs.

Thanks in advance,

We are looking at going on a cruise during spring break. There will be 3 families going. We all have children ranging from 10-18 years old. Do you recommend the Divina for families with teenagers?

We have sailed 5 times with NCL, 1 time with RCCL and 1 time with Carnival. We are use to there being a lot of action and entertainment on board and teen clubs.

Thanks in advance,

It's not the best ship for teens.

We took our teens, then aged 15 and 12, on the Divina awhile ago. They loved it. We had previously been on many Carnival cruises and 1 RC. We didn't think they would like it as much as Carnival but they have begged to go back on MSC (we're booked for this March.) We were on Carnival in the summer and there were a lot of negative comparisons.

The teen club is like a nightclub during the evening hours. They had a blast. There were no activities during the mornings and the afternoon activities were just "blah" according to my oldest. However, the evenings made up for it!

If you have any specific questions, I can get one of my teens to answer.

My (then) 15 and 14 year-olds loved Divina, they were definitely in the minority as Americans, but the international teen group was very inclusive and my daughter and son had a great time stretching their French and Spanish language skills.

We just got off the Divina last month, and we were traveling with our 13 year old son. We discovered that the Y Club kids (for 12-14 year olds) occupied the same physical space as the older teens. But, you know what, it wasn't really a problem. At his age, it's less about organized activities and more about finding some like-minded kids to hang out with, in or outside the kids club.

Our son had a really good time, and spent most of his time with kids from Canada and South America, which he thought was really cool.