Should I upgrade my Guarantee Cabin?

jmrothermel

For those who are familiar with how the process works.....

I booked an inside guarantee, because we have another room on the ship and literally only one person is booked in this room. So we'll just use whichever room ends up being better.

There is 4 midship insides left for the sailing, and 3 family insides (including one on deck 10 near the kids area). There are MANY ocean view and balcony rooms open yet.

Do I pull the trigger and pay the $60 to upgrade to a family inside or let it play out and see where we get assigned? Apparently there is 20 or so IX rooms to be assigned, and only 7 insides open. Will there be a chance we get upgraded to an ocean view? We sail in 20 days and still no cabin assignment.

Opinions, please :)

You're probably right, I just didn't know when cabins are normally assigned. It's probably worth the peace of mind!

There is no specific time, it can be anytime between booking and boarding the ship.

What is the difference between and IX and ID guarantee inside Pride?

When booking IX GTY, you can be assigned to category IX (lowest of inside categories) or higher and when booking ID GTY, you can be only assigned to category ID or higher. (The order from lowest to highest subcategory is X to A and then 9 to 1.)

Edited by Demonyte