Cruise documentation

hlb76

Hi, we are planning a family cruise for next Oct. Our family all has our passports but our travel mates don't. So they have been asking all kinds of questions. Of course I say get your passport!!! Our biggest issue is with my cousins son. He is 3 and his mom is coming with but his legal father is not due to being in prision. They have been broken up for over 3 years now but he is just mean and nasty when she had tried to get him to sign over rights..etc. we are worried about paperwork to get him on the ship

Dads name is on the BC but mom does have sole custody - though not able to locate the paperwork now. We don't see him responding well to her request of a letter of consent to travel. Anyone ever been in this situation? Any words of advice?

16 cruises (all with grandchildren, starting age 4) and have never been asked for permission to travel letter from their parents. I will say I've always had the letter, just never asked for it. Don't know when your cruising, but if you have the time it's not that hard to get divoce papers stating sole custody.

Thanks... she did find her child support papers saying according to MN statue xyz she does continue to have sole legal, physical custody care and control or something along those lines. I'm assuming that with his BC should be enough. We took my son friend once and where never asked to see the letters of travel either. I kinda figured I might as both boys had the same name and all 3 of us had different last names..lol