Quick question

What is the title of the gentleman that wears the red jacket in the MDR??

Typically HEAD WAITER. There are usually several. One of the best I had was a lady from Jamaica on Jewel back in 2012.

Edited by BillOh

That would be the head waiter who overseas a section of tables. I have found some very attentive checking on service while others I seldom see. I have also seen my head waiter working the Windjammer during breakfast hours.

There are the Waiter and the Assistant Waiter who take care of your table and your food needs and generally a few tables. The Head Waiters (in the jackets, they are not always red) are overseeing several Waiters and many tables....they generally distribute the food as it comes from the kitchen. Then there are the Maitre'ds, who oversee the whole dining room. I believe the Maitre'd is directly under the Hotel/Food manager/officer.

I agree that sometimes the Head Waiters are very attentive, checking on our table every night, and there have been cruises where we haven't had a single interaction with a Head Waiter.