Christmas Getaway 2015

www3traveler

I have just had my 28th Norwegian over Christmas on the Getaway. All I can say is: WOW WOW!! Best cruise ever and certainly the best Christmas in a very long time. What a joy and an honor to sail over Christmas. Crowded Yes, Lots of kids<YES. Most of them were very well behaved. I think that sailing on the Getaway over Christmas is going to become a new tradition for me. The Hotel Management staff was amazing. THANKS GUYS FOR THE BEST CHRISTMAS IN A VERY LONG. I can not wait to be back Christmas 2016.

We are sailing on our second Getaway cruise in about a month! We loved our last cruise so much we booked a year later right after our return. Thanks for being a breath of fresh air on here! We love NCL and will be platinum after completing this sailing. I usually have stayed active on the boards but had to step away from the continuous negativity. It's great to see some positive!!! Thanks

Edited by ictcruiser

Can you tell me some more about cruising at Christmas? What do tbey do special? Is Santa onboard? We are bringing our 5 year old. Any advice on decoating the cabin? Advice on Christmas morning Santa? We are in a forward suite on the Breakaway Christmas 2016. Thanks for any help!

Can you tell me some more about cruising at Christmas? What do tbey do special? Is Santa onboard? We are bringing our 5 year old. Any advice on decoating the cabin? Advice on Christmas morning Santa? We are in a forward suite on the Breakaway Christmas 2016. Thanks for any help!

Yes, there were a number of special activities over Christmas- Gingerbeard villages in front of the restaurants, a number of fully decorated Christmas trees including a Tree Lighting Ceremony. Santa was in the lobby on Christmas morning, kids sitting in his lap for photos and handing out gifts- the line was long. Officers lead Christmas carol singing on Christmas Eve. With Christmas being on a Sunday this year, things might be a little different and it is planned by staff may vary from ship to ship. I have heard of people bringing small decorated trees for their cabin.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I had so much fun that I will be returning to the Getaway for Christmas this year. As a widow, I had a lot fun watching all the kids on Christmas morning with Santa.

Mandy

Yes, there were a number of special activities over Christmas- Gingerbeard villages in front of the restaurants, a number of fully decorated Christmas trees including a Tree Lighting Ceremony. Santa was in the lobby on Christmas morning, kids sitting in his lap for photos and handing out gifts- the line was long. Officers lead Christmas carol singing on Christmas Eve. With Christmas being on a Sunday this year, things might be a little different and it is planned by staff may vary from ship to ship. I have heard of people bringing small decorated trees for their cabin.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I had so much fun that I will be returning to the Getaway for Christmas this year. As a widow, I had a lot fun watching all the kids on Christmas morning with Santa.

Mandy

That sounds great! You have me very excited! I hope you have a great year and wonderful return cruise too!