Sail-in to Venice

Working back we arrive at 0800hrs so I would estimate about 0600 sorry can't remember exact time but from what I recall the CD gave us a time last year, sail out is also very enjoyable with a bottle of bubbly!!

Hi pensioncruiser thanks for the reply. I thought it would be quite early but seeing the sail-in is the main thing I want to see on this cruise as I've visited Venice before for a long-stay. When it says on the itinerary 08.00 - 18.00 does that mean we dock at 8 or does that mean we can get off the ship at 8. I'm never sure about this - I should know by now!

I tend to leave my other half in bed and get up when daylight is showing on TV which we leave on the bridge camera at night so I won't miss the sail in to anywhere, especially Kotor and Venice, or any islands when in the Caribbean, which usually means I am up around 6am, but to me it is one of the nicest parts of the day wandering round, having a cuppa, watching the sun rise, watching a sail in. Quoted time is usually docking time.

Gill.

Edited by gillhalfpint

I tend to leave my other half in bed and get up when daylight is showing on TV which we leave on the bridge camera at night so I won't miss the sail in to anywhere, especially Kotor and Venice, or any islands when in the Caribbean, which usually means I am up around 6am, but to me it is one of the nicest parts of the day wandering round, having a cuppa, watching the sun rise, watching a sail in. Quoted time is usually docking time.

Gill.

Thanks Gill 6 sounds okay - it's anything before that I hate the sound of [emoji51]

The docking time usually refers to when you can leave the ship! But as we all know it doesn't always work out that way. I personally will be up early this time been three times and never made it yet! Its the late nights?

I know what you mean pensioncruiser I'm always completely knackered after a cruise - burning the candle at both ends BIG TIME lol [emoji485][emoji322][emoji41]

If I was going again, I'd set 2 alarms just to be sure of getting up in time. Sailing past St Mark's Square when it's empty and there are shrouds of mist over the water, is something I'll never forget. Totally magical. If I could find an 'envy' smilie, I'd post it. Have a wonderful time.:)