Youth/teen activities for 12-14 yo on Allure

Hi,

We are going on Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure during school spring vacation in April 2016. This will be the first cruise when our daughter who is 12won't be able to participate in the kid's club organized program because of her age. She now belongs to 12-14 year old group and is considered to be a teen by Royal Caribbean. Did anyone cruised with the kids of this age? Did they participate in the youth activities? Is the activities schedule pre-set? Are many kids join? Are there supervising crew members?

Thank you very much for all responses.

There will be TONS of kids during spring break, and also lots of organized activities through the teen program.

My son is 15yo, so he's in the "older" teen group (one is 12-14, one is 15-17), and he participates in many of the organized activities. The rest of the time, he hangs out with his new friends (who he met in the teen club / living room) doing mini-golf, basketball/soccer, FlowRider, pools/hot tubs, etc., so he's still got plenty to do with other teens, even if it's not an "organized" activity.

Hi,

We are going on Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure during school spring vacation in April 2016. This will be the first cruise when our daughter who is 12won't be able to participate in the kid's club organized program because of her age. She now belongs to 12-14 year old group and is considered to be a teen by Royal Caribbean. Did anyone cruised with the kids of this age? Did they participate in the youth activities? Is the activities schedule pre-set? Are many kids join? Are there supervising crew members?

Thank you very much for all responses.

My kids went through everything but the nursery in Adventure Ocean and both have now graduated to the Teen Club, one in 12-14 and the other in 15-17. There are still activities scheduled in the Teen Club, but it's not as formal as AO. The teens tend to find other kids like them and clique up the first day or two, so it's important they go early. Teen Club also has activities the first night, unlike AO. After that they tend to spend their time either doing Teen Club activities or other things together around the ship. The Teen Club is supervised (AO and Teen Club have the same staff, although they stick to one or the other for the cruise), but the supervision only applies to when they are in Teen Club or doing a Teen Club activity (Teen Flowrider, Teen Ice Skating, etc.). My kids' use of the Teen Club depends on the number of kids on the boat. My oldest will bail on it if he doesn't find other kids to hang with, but my youngest always finds someone.

I don't think your daughter will have issues finding other kids during Spring Break on Allure, especially if she is a veteran of the Kids Club, since they tend to know the deal for what to do to make friends on a cruise. Being 12 shouldn't be a problem either since 12-14 is basically all Middle School aged kids.