Monster Jeep to Hidden Mayan Ruin in Cozumel

ilovecraig929

Still wondering if anyone has been on this and can tell me about the ruin? Photos?

Posts #9, 17 & 18 were on the trip. You can read about their experiences up thread.

And this ad sounds like it: It even includes the tequila tasting.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-jeep-tour.html

Edited by Xerxella

Posts #9, 17 & 18 were on the trip. You can read about their experiences up thread.

And this ad sounds like it: It even includes the tequila tasting.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-jeep-tour.html

There are two jeep tours available and this one does not mention tequila but the other one does. So, I want to make sure it's the right one. Also, Was oping to see a photo of the ruin, My friend really wants to visit a mayan ruin but I am afraid this one will be a disappointment because the only description is small. Small doesn't tell me much - small compared to Chichen Itza or the size of a fallen down house.

Edited by JuliaMS

• 2 weeks later...
Still wondering if anyone has been on this and can tell me about the ruin? Photos?

We did the Jeep tour around the island in 2012 - snorkel, beach stop that was a wash due to rough water/high waves, tequila tasting, and stop at a "ruin" that was more of a small replica size, I thought. I honestly don't recall if they said it was an actual "ruin" that survived or if it was a replica, but it was smack dab in the middle of the 4 lane road on the edge of town (2 lanes on each side). Tried several times to upload a photo but it wouldn't let me. We parked on the shoulder of the road - dodged traffic and ran to the middle where the "ruin" was. Guide gave a little talk about how and why the Mayans traveled to the island, etc. All in all, the tour was ok - got to see a lot of the island, but it was way too fast and rough (the Jeep driving part). There could be other actual ruins they go to on the island, but I wouldn't expect it to be on the level with Tulum etc. from what I've seen in other reviews.

Do the jeeps have automatic or manual transmissions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Jeeps we were in (2012) were standard / stick shift. From experience, automatic shift Jeeps won't "get up and go" like the folks on Cozumel like to drive !!! :eek: :D