ROLL CALL: Queen Mary 2 LAX 3-day 2/22-25/06

gomonty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No...this will be my first time on the QM2. I actually purchased a category D7 when they were still available. Then because I'm a travel agent, I had my sales manager upgrade me to a balcony. I decided that this 3-day cruise would be my "cheapest" way to see the QM2. I hope to see some of you on this cruise!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My partner and I just got our pre-cruise document kit yesterday. This is very exciting.

We're both 30, and we're expecting to be the younger of the crowd on this itinerary. Since you've "been there done that" before, perhaps you can host us and show us around the ship!

JASON.

• 3 weeks later...

PORT EVERGLADES (WSVN) -- A cruise ship that left port in Fort Lauderdale this afternoon and apparently struck something while at sea causing structural damage, is on its way back to shore tonight.

The Queen Mary II, which belongs to the Cunard Line cruiseline, left Port Everglades at around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday en route to South America. While at sea about five to six miles off the coast, the vessel hit something underneath the water causing alarm systems to go off in the control center of the ship.

The cruise ship is on its way back to Port Everglades and other than the structural damage, The Queen Mary II has not reported any other problems.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be on this cruise as well. Travelling single with cabinmate. Booked through Pied Piper. I'm rather disappointed with what has become of our itinerary, but that wasn't my reason for booking the cruise. Ideally they would shorten the Ensenada port stop so we have more "at Sea" time. Really looking forward to the meeting of the Queens! Anyone want to place bets on how far she can get into Long Beach harbor??? Should be an interesting time and we don't want to see a replay of her Fort Lauderdale departure.

I'm in cabin 10033 if anyone wants to meet for cocktails.

jeff

Archived