Carnival upgrade!

Just had a phone all from my TA, saying she had a call from carnival offering an upgrade on my daughters cruise. January 27/1, 10 nights on legend. We had booked two guarantee balcony rooms for her and her friends back in September for $970pp ( inclusive of $200pp OBC), so a damn good deal and they were allocated adjoining cabins on deck 8. Pretty happy with that.

Fast forward to today and they were offered a suite upgrade for .....$25 each!:eek:

We were offered two vista suites on deck 5, so of course we jumped on it!!

Now I'm not a fan of carnival and would put it down as the worst cruise I've done but for my DD, who wanted something cheap they were happy to have an ok ship with balcony. (They did a carnival cruise in the Bahamas in April last year so they know what they're in for!! )

So now they have 2 suites for less than $1000pp with OBC!

Now if only RCCL would let me upgrade my balcony to a suite ( I keep asking and they keep coming up with outrageous prices- nearly double what the going rate is:confused:)

Just had a phone all from my TA, saying she had a call from carnival offering an upgrade on my daughters cruise. January 27/1, 10 nights on legend. We had booked two guarantee balcony rooms for her and her friends back in September for $970pp ( inclusive of $200pp OBC), so a damn good deal and they were allocated adjoining cabins on deck 8. Pretty happy with that.

Fast forward to today and they were offered a suite upgrade for .....$25 each!:eek:

We were offered two vista suites on deck 5, so of course we jumped on it!!

Now I'm not a fan of carnival and would put it down as the worst cruise I've done but for my DD, who wanted something cheap they were happy to have an ok ship with balcony. (They did a carnival cruise in the Bahamas in April last year so they know what they're in for!! )

So now they have 2 suites for less than $1000pp with OBC!

Now if only RCCL would let me upgrade my balcony to a suite ( I keep asking and they keep coming up with outrageous prices- nearly double what the going rate is:confused:)

That's fantastic....lucky girl.

I had a Vista suite last March and it was great....my only problem was that the one they gave me on deck 5 was rather small compared to the others...it had no separate living area, and the bathroom was fabulous, but as I was on my own I was quite happy with it...the big bonus was the balcony is fabulous :) :) take it!!

I had a Vista suite last March and it was great....my only problem was that the one they gave me on deck 5 was rather small compared to the others...it had no separate living area, and the bathroom was fabulous, but as I was on my own I was quite happy with it...the big bonus was the balcony is fabulous :) :) take it!!

Yes it was certainly a good deal, after a little research I've found that the deck 5 vista suites are smaller, however they are still bigger than a regular balcony cabin and have that awesome balcony!

We had to accept the offer then and there, we had a pick of a few vista suites and chose the two on deck 5, so they could be close to their friends. Otherwise they would be on different floors.

They'll be happy just rocking up to the suite checkin:D