phoning someone onboard a ship

notion

Does anyone how that works?

I'm trying to get hold of someone who's currently onboard the Summit.

On the Celebrity website I found the following number for X ships: 877-266-1020

Fact is: I'm in Germany, do I therefore have to dial the American national code before I dial that number?

Where will that call take me? To a calling agent ashore who then connects my call to the Summit? Will there be another operator onboard who I have to give the extension number to?

Doesn't have the Summit a direct number, which you can combine with the extension number and -voilá- you're speaking to the person you're trying to reach?

Thank you very much for any tipps or advice on that issue!

I don tthink you could ever reach the person you are trying to reach- Calling shore to ship-- you call the number and they relay the message.

More then likely when you call the person they may not be in their cabin.

Id be curious on how this works too.

You would call that number with the US code and ask the person how to reach the Summit.

Does anyone how that works?

I'm trying to get hold of someone who's currently onboard the Summit.

On the Celebrity website I found the following number for X ships: 877-266-1020

Fact is: I'm in Germany, do I therefore have to dial the American national code before I dial that number?

You'll need to call Celebrity for the direct number to the ship. That "877" number is one of our many toll free numbers (like "800") and would not normally be accessed successfully from Germany.

Someone here with their cruise docs from Summit should be able to find the direct number in the "Emergency Contact" section or whatever it's called. I'm at work, else I'd look it up from my Summit trip last December.

I'll check in when I get home to see if your question has been answered.

Yep thanks, Arubalisa, that's where I got that number from.

Looks like you have to dial a completely different one when you're calling from outside the US, however, namely: +1 732 335 3296 (to get to the call centre).

What scares me a bit is that I seem to recall that there's a 9,50$ charge, independent on whether a connection can be made or not.

Edit: No, I got it mixed up. It's 9,50$ a minute as soon as a connection is established.

Thanks for the tipp with the emergency number, canderson. I think I found everything I need.

The call centre wants my crdit card number etc. and then I'll have to press a button as to which ship I want to be connected to.

Then I'll be connected with the operator onboard who will put my call through to the right cabin.

You can call shore to ship from the US or any other country. I called my sister who was on the Mercury and got through just fine. If you're in Europe and calling an X ship, there is another prefix you have to call, the 1-877 only works from the US. I don't think they will put through a personal call to a crew member, because when the operator on the ship answers the call, you have to give her the person's name you're trying to contact and their cabin number. It is $9.50 a minute to call shore to ship.

Archived