San Juan Questions

Cruisin'BusyBee

Which fort is the cemetery, Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzi located near and is it a close walk from Fort (?)

What are the charges for visiting the forts?

Is Casa Blanca open for viewing and is so, how to arrange and how much is the cost?

thanks so much for any help here, looking forward to visiting San Juan!

C/BB

Which fort is the cemetery' date=' Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzi located near and is it a close walk from Fort (?)

What are the charges for visiting the forts?

C/BB[/quote']

Cemetery is much closer to El Morro. There's a huge lawn in front of the fort; if the fort is in front of you the cemetery is on the right (ocean) side. You'll see it. You enter through a tunnel under the city wall. I recommend getting there early - it seems to close around 2-2:30 or so, although I forget exactly.

Forts I think are $3 each or $5 for two - has been a few years. But it's one of the cheaper options around. It's maybe a 20 minute walk between the forts, overlooking the blue Atlantic.

http://www.nps.gov/saju/index.htm

https://www.google.ca/maps/@18.4695916,-66.1215013,870m/data=!3m1!1e3 shows the cemetery in relation to del Morro. If you plan to visit the cemetery follow Calle Cementario, off of Calle Norzagaray. While it does not show on the satellite map, the road passes through a tunnel to reach the cemetery gate. Not sure how safe it is for unaccompanied tourists. We have been warned about going near the neighborhood to the east of the cemetery.

Edited by broberts

Thank u so much for your quick responses!

Anyone know about Ponce de Leon Site (casa Blanca)?

C/BB

Casa Blanca is located at the end of San Sebastian street. Two ways to get there: if coming from El Morro keep walking straight UP the street with the fort behind you (if you're walking DOWN you're on the wrong street). Cross a small plaza and turn right. You will run into Casa Blanca. If I recall, it's free admission. No prior arrangements needed to enter.