recent reviews for Playa Mia?

Needs_A_Vacation

I went last year in March.

The bus ride was fine.

It was pretty good. The water in the waterpark was FRIGID, though. And the waterpark is quite aways from the beach, so no sending kids there and being able to lounge. (there are some tables nearby).

Take your own towels. It's something like a $12 charge per towel and you get half of it back when you leave.

The "all inclusive" package only includes drinks from special bars - I forget what they're called, but they arent the "nice" ones by the pools, (those are labelled cash, and you are NOT ALLOWED to get a drink from them without paying, period) The drinks that you can get are strong and tasty, as long as you dont mind that they're made en masse and poured from like, syrup containers.

The food was OK. Nothing super special, but definitely edible.

Our kids were a bit small for the depth of the beach and the toys, so we didnt really "do" the beach. There seemed to be a lot of fun being had. We werent hassled by vendors or anything, so that was nice.

They have some wierd things like a "fish pedicure" where little minnows nibble the dead skin off your feet or something (??!?)

And the playground was actually where my kids spent a lot of time.

Hope this helps! :)

We thought about going there again, but want to do something else, so we're doing Melia this year (kids club FTW)

Edited by Starflyr3

It's been almost 2 years since I have been, but the one thing I would suggest if you decide to go is to not book it through the cruise line. You'll pay more and have less time there. It's easy to just catch a taxi at the port. I'd also suggest Paradise Beach which is practically next door. I prefer the pool at Paradise, but the buffet/drink set up at Playa Mia. You can't go wrong with either though.