Norwegian Sky Miami dry Dock

BVIArabella

Norwegian Sky just moved to a different birth in Miami. Port Miami Web Cam showed it's move so safe to say it is in for the 4 day refurbishment.

A site I look at called Cruise Timetables still lists the Sky as cruising today to the 4 day Bahamas itinerary.

We are on the Sky for February 8 so they do a great refurb on my suite!

I believe it is simply the "facelift" that FDR has mentioned for all ships, just refubishing any old or worn decor, and for the Sky, perhaps getting rid of the Hawaii theme decor. She isn't due for a drydock until 2018, so I think this is just lipstick and rouge.

A friend of mine who used to work on the Getaway told me that they thought one of the things happening is that the Sky was being outfitted with a new sound system for the lounge, and that possibly this was going to lead to new entertainment options, but they were under the impression that this was something ongoing and not just happening during this wet dock.

I'm also under the impression that the Sky is due for underwater inspections...

I don't know if 4 days is long enough to change all the decor of the ship, or even the hull art... Anyone know how long that takes?

I'll be on the ship Friday, so I'll let you know if I see anything that seems new or drastically different from the photos I've seen of the ship. (I have not been on the Sky before)

A friend of mine who used to work on the Getaway told me that they thought one of the things happening is that the Sky was being outfitted with a new sound system for the lounge, and that possibly this was going to lead to new entertainment options, but they were under the impression that this was something ongoing and not just happening during this wet dock.

I'm also under the impression that the Sky is due for underwater inspections...

I don't know if 4 days is long enough to change all the decor of the ship, or even the hull art... Anyone know how long that takes?

I'll be on the ship Friday, so I'll let you know if I see anything that seems new or drastically different from the photos I've seen of the ship. (I have not been on the Sky before)

Yes, as I've posted on another of the threads about the Sky's shipyard period, she is due for the routine underwater inspection in lieu of drydocking, and this will be her last one as she turned 15 in 2014.

The Sky's hull art is a decal. Not sure if they can remove that in an environmentally friendly way at a wet berth, certainly would need to boom the ship.

Changing decor depends on how far they want to go, and whether or not they are replacing furniture or reupholstering it. We changed the Sky from Caribbean to Hawaiian in 3 weeks, but that was every single piece of upholstered furniture and drapery, all art work, and lots of things like the "monkey poles" in the Atrium. She's been in shipyard a couple of times since she left Hawaii, so I don't know how much furnishings they've renewed, or whether they changed the "artwork" hanging everywhere. If they are replacing furniture, that could be done quickly, as could the artwork, but some things like the Atrium would require more than 4 days.

• 5 weeks later...