Debarkation on the Breeze

micdee

Thanks for the replies. I hate to have to schlep my luggage. Would having FTTF make any difference?

It would put you behind VIP, Diamonds and Plats for either category (self debark or regular). For regular, it might be tight. All self debarks go off before they start with the regular debarkation process.

I think there's two factors to consider, ship arriving late and long lines for customs. Last year we had a really long wait for customs in Miami. We were zone 1 and started off the ship about 9:15 but were not outside the terminal until 10am.

You may want to ask how many lines have been open and if they're going quick at Ft lauderdale.

That said, I've found that the self assists are done around 8:30 at the latest and zone 1 called shortly after. Without the customs backup, I can usually be on the road by 9am. I did self assist once and was on the road by 7:30 but I prefer taking my time.

Also we always do B2B, we have to wait for the ship to empty before we can check-in for the next leg and that is almost never later than 10:15. I think Carnival has gotten really very good at debarkation, they were terrible at it up to like 2005.

My point being, 10am should be an easy target and I wouldn't worry too much about it.