How is Room E408 on Regal!

Karn

I can give you a little info, though I have not stayed in this exact cabin.

A little over a year ago, we stayed in E425 and friends stayed in E429 right next door, which is essentially the mirror image cabins. One difference is that E408 is a Deluxe Balcony cabin (ours was just a standard), and we very much like the Deluxe Balcony cabins as they provide a nice bit of extra space, as well as a little love seat between the bed and the sliding glass doors to the balcony.

As for the balcony itself, it is a very nice size: larger than the very small standard balconies you will find on the majority of the ship. Also, though these cabins were labeled "Obstructed View" when we booked, there is actually no obstruction in front of the cabin itself. If you look forward from your cabin you will see a lifeboat/tender a few cabins away, but we did not find this bothersome. Directly below the balcony is an open area of the abbreviated version of a "promenade" that is offered on the Regal (and Royal). People were often sitting in the seats on the Promenade deck during our cruise, but we never found it bothersome. We couldn't really hear when people were conversing there, though one night there was a group whooping it up with some champagne at sail away from a port and we could hear that very clearly, but we did not find this bothersome.

The only thing I would be cautious of is that the Crooners martini and cabaret bar is directly below your cabin. This is why we booked a similar cabin on the starboard side, as there are only shops and the Future Cruise office beneath those, and we never heard a sound. However, during our cruise I spoke with someone staying in one of the other cabins above Crooners and they did say they got a bit of noise in the evenings from the crowd and especially the piano music and singing. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how loud it might be; only that some have reported hearing it.

I hope that's helpful, and I hope someone else who has actually stayed in the exact cabin you're considering chimes in.

Best of luck, and happy cruising. :)

We have stayed twice in E408 and lived it! Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. (Once in the Carribean, once on the Canada/NE route) comfortable room with the love seat. The balcony is HUGE! NO noise from Crooners below us. Would occasionally hear quiet conversations in the evening if people were walking outside on the Promenade deck. While we missed the center stairs, the walk to the forward stairs was much closer than they are on the Grand class ships. I am traveling, but will try to remember to post a couple photos of the cabin when I get home.

• 1 month later...

Hi:

Hoping someone can tell me if E120 which is above the Princess Theater (upper level I think) will be a problem. My choice was this room or rooms on the Marina Deck 15 M116, 117, 111, 112.

The route is Canada/New England with a port everyday but one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just a side note, my daughter would like to see and maybe go into lighthouses. Anyone have any info?

Thanks for sharing.

Marianne

Sorry if I should have started a new thread.

Edited by gardener718

• 2 months later...