Eagles Beach or Palm beach Aruba? which is prettier?Looking for quick advice!

Galleon1234

Yes, you can rent chairs at either beach. I am not sure that one can apply a "pretty" test as these beaches are on the same side of the island with similar sea views. Palm Beach is along the most developed part of the island (sometimes referred to as the "high rise" area because of the many large hotels/resorts) whereas Eagle is in a lesser developed area sometimes called the "low rise." Personally, DW and I have always preferred Eagle (or nearby Manchebo (when we stay on Aruba) because we find Palm a bit too crowded/busy. But Palm has the advantage of more nearby services and eating venues. On our port days we will often take the local bus all the way to Arashi where we snorkel for a couple of hours and then work our way back to Eagle for the afternoon..

Hank

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145343

Eagle Beach

Some vendors renting chaise lounges (Paradise Beach Villas) and chaises and umbrellas (La Cabana Resort) as well as jet-ski rentals. They can also provide other watersports such as parasail, banana boat/tube rides, snorkeling excursions, at their locations or take you by boat to Palm Beach.

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Taxi fare $13 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $15 each

Half day rental $10 each

Free wifi

Passions Beach Bar & Restaurant with beach service

No shade palapas available

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Taxi fare $13 each way

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Palm Beach

Taxi fare $14 each way

Various vendors along the beach renting chaises and umbrellas. Most centrally located to food, beverage and bathroom are those at the foot of De Palm Pier. Use the alley from the street out to the beach which runs between the Radisson and Riu.

Ask to be dropped off at the entrance to De Palm Pier- long red line extending from the street to beach in picture below. Take the walkway from the street out towards the beach. On the right hand side there are 2 vendors- see location in picture below- who rent chaises and umbrellas. There is also another vendor in the middle of the Hilton's beach. Bugaloe Bar and Grill is at the end of the pier. There are also hotel beachside restaurants at the Hilton and Hyatt.

When you are ready to depart simply walk thought the Hilton property and out to their lobby where there should be taxis waiting outside. If not the bellman will call one for you.

Eagle Beach

Some vendors renting chaise lounges (Paradise Beach Villas) and chaises and umbrellas (La Cabana Resort) as well as jet-ski rentals. They can also provide other watersports such as parasail, banana boat/tube rides, snorkeling excursions, at their locations or take you by boat to Palm Beach.

Taxi fare $13 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $15 each

Half day rental $10 each

Free wifi

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Taxi fare $13 each way

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Palm Beach

Taxi fare $14 each way

Various vendors along the beach renting chaises and umbrellas. Most centrally located to food, beverage and bathroom are those at the foot of De Palm Pier. Use the alley from the street out to the beach which runs between the Radisson and Riu.

Ask to be dropped off at the entrance to De Palm Pier- long red line extending from the street to beach in picture below. Take the walkway from the street out towards the beach. On the right hand side there are 2 vendors- see location in picture below- who rent chaises and umbrellas. There is also another vendor in the middle of the Hilton's beach. Bugaloe Bar and Grill is at the end of the pier. There are also hotel beachside restaurants at the Hilton and Hyatt.

When you are ready to depart simply walk thought the Hilton property and out to their lobby where there should be taxis waiting outside. If not the bellman will call one for you.

Not the original poster, but I'm thanking you for this awesome information!

• 2 months later...

Eagle Beach

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $15 each

Half day rental $10 each

Free wifi

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Taxi fare $13 each way

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Palm Beach

Taxi fare $14 each way

Thank you for all your info.. This will be our first visit to Aruba I enjoy snorkeling, my husband just laying in the shade.. I was thinking Eagle Beach so are your taxi fares you quoted from the Cruise pier.. Thank you in advance and any advise on snorkeling beaches, I would appreciate..

Thank you for all your info.. This will be our first visit to Aruba I enjoy snorkeling, my husband just laying in the shade.. I was thinking Eagle Beach so are your taxi fares you quoted from the Cruise pier.. Thank you in advance and any advise on snorkeling beaches, I would appreciate..

Unfortunately there is nothing to see underwater snorkeling off of Eagle Beach.

I would suggest snorkeling at Catalina Cove. OR go to Arashi Beach, leave your husband there on the sand and it is an easy walk to Catalina Cove. See the end of this post for more info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145343

We went to Eagle Beach just a few days ago and it is absolutely pristine. The water is postcard worthy. We got a quiet spot and loved every minute of it. We also went to what we originally thought was Arashi beach, at least that's where we asked our cab driver to take us. After talking with a local that was there he referred to it as Catalina Cove. From what I understand Catalina Cove, Boca Catalina and Arashi are all within walking distance. Maybe someone familiar with the area could help me figure it out from this picture...? I searched through Google and didn't have much luck with comparisons....

Regardless of the name, it's a great area. Some really good snorkeling. Water is really clear.uploadfromtaptalk1460847719859.jpg.ad08512a1baa2b4eaa308255416a15c9.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1460847707010.jpg.fc678ace0d1c5206695aa4832fb975cc.jpg

Regardless of the name, it's a great area. Some really good snorkeling. Water is really clear.

These photos were taken at Catalina Cove. Catalina Cove is located between Arashi Beach to the north and Boca Catalina to the south.

This is a panoramic photo I took at Catalina Cove in December.

catalina_cove_panoramac.jpg.b94d6f2bcef565700d661a8b9c3e90eb.jpg