Documents for traveling with 1 parent

vanchelle

My sister and niece are joining us on an April cruise. My niece will have a passport for her travel ID. She had a different last name than my sister as her parents were never married nor are they together any longer. Will there be any additional documents they need to bring?

I'm bringing my nephews and knew there is pepper work from NCL that I need to bring since I am not their parent but just wondered if my sister needs anything from my nieces father?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister and niece are joining us on an April cruise. My niece will have a passport for her travel ID. She had a different last name than my sister as her parents were never married nor are they together any longer. Will there be any additional documents they need to bring?

I'm bringing my nephews and knew there is pepper work from NCL that I need to bring since I am not their parent but just wondered if my sister needs anything from my nieces father?

Yes, a notarized statement saying it is okay to take her out of the country.

Include photo copy of his photo id such as driver license.

You should have the same kind of paper work from your nephews parents.

Yes, a notarized statement saying it is okay to take her out of the country.

Include photo copy of his photo id such as driver license.

You should have the same kind of paper work from your nephews parents.

Thanks. We planned to do it for my nephews along with the official NCL form but I'm glad I asked about my niece.

This is the official information from NCL:

https://www.ncl.com/about/required-travel-documentation

Please start with that, and call them if you have questions.

How old is your niece?

Over 18? She is good to go.

Under 18 she needs a letter from the missing parent showing that she can leave the country with the parent she is going with. I these circumstance, even though she has a passport, I would ring the BC too, to establish paternity with her mom.

Edited by zqvol

This is the official information from NCL:

https://www.ncl.com/about/required-travel-documentation

Please start with that, and call them if you have questions.

So I've just called NCL and was told that my sister only needs a birth certificate to prove she is the mother. NCL rep says that as long as 1 parent is present and can prove relationship with their own approved ID and birth certificate that we do not need any documentation from my nieces father.

Thank you all.

So I've just called NCL and was told that my sister only needs a birth certificate to prove she is the mother. NCL rep says that as long as 1 parent is present and can prove relationship with their own approved ID and birth certificate that we do not need any documentation from my nieces father.

Thank you all.

We are in the same situation in three weeks. My niece is traveling with us and taking her 3 year old daughter. I thought we had to have the fathers permission to take her out of the country but when I went and read the NCL info listed above it didn't say anything about that. I am going to call NCL on Monday and see if they tell me the same thing they told you. It will definitely simplify things.