AV hookups on TV, or ipod speakers?

Do the TV’s on Mariner (not a suite, just a balcony room) have AV inputs? I’m trying to decide if we’d be better off buying a small set of speakers for my ipod, or just hooking up to the TV. Does anyone have experience with either? Any suggestions if we decide to go the speaker route?

I just bought the bose speaker for my I pod. It's not all that small, about 18" long 8" tall and 5" wide. I did alot of research and it by for the best. I did away with the sound system in my boat and only use that now. A little expensive but good quality is not cheap. Your I Pod docks onto it and keeps charging while it is on.

*sigh* I’d love the Bose, but after having just spent $300 on the ipod itself, I can’t spend another $300 on speakers, especially because we have a wonderful stereo at home, so it would only end up being used for the cruise.

We just bought an iHome ih5 system. It has a place to dock your ipod on top and actually charges the ipod while in use. It also has a illuminated clock face and works as both an alarm clock, am/fm radio and ipod player you can set it to wake you up to your ipod or to fall asleep with the ipod playing. We too wanted a Bose but couldn't fork over the cash. This system has fairly good sound, (definitely enough for a cruise cabin and a bedroom) but doesn't cost near as much. Plus, it kills two birds with one stone, because you wouldn't need to pack a clock or a nightlight (the back light is pretty bright, but doesn't bother us).

I would go to Apple's webpage and read the reviews about this. But then I would go to amazon.com, or your local costco, or ebay to buy it. Retail price is $99, but costco had it for $89 yesterday, and I think that amazon has it for $95 free shipping no tax, so they average out about the same. Seen them going on ebay 3 weeks ago for about $85.

Hope this suggestion helps, we've had ours about 3 weeks and have been very happy so far.:p

I just bought the bose speaker for my I pod. It's not all that small, about 18" long 8" tall and 5" wide. I did alot of research and it by for the best. I did away with the sound system in my boat and only use that now. A little expensive but good quality is not cheap. Your I Pod docks onto it and keeps charging while it is on.

As far as iPods go, bad quality isn't cheap either.

i bought the dock speakers for my ipod at sam's. took the ssytem with me on the last two cruises. it was wonderful. i brought along an extension cord and ran it out to the balcony for sailaways and such. it cost $99.00. and it packs up smaller than my hubbies electric shaver. it has it's own little carry bag and everything fit right in the bag (speakers plug and the wall charger i brought along and didn't need because the systen recharges while the ipod is docked.

if you plug into the tv you would have to play it very loud to hear out on the balcony. my vote, the speaker system.:D

Archived