Packing tonight Last minute questions

nick1234

I tried to search but no luck

1. Do I put the camera and film in the carry on?

2. How is the shampoo and soap? I need all the extra space I can get!

3.Is Cafe Carrib that good that we should eat there on Formal Nights?

4.Can we ware bathing suit tops with shorts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch?(1 piece suits)

Can I make reservations for Sabatinis the first night? Should I find the resturant as soon as we get on? Will they be open to take reservations?

I seem to have to much out to pack so I need to condence!

Thanks for all the advise I have gotton on this board.

Ali

Ooh, I wish I were packing tonight! I would definitely put your camera and film in your carry-on. I would also bring your own shampoo if you are at all particular. Put some in a small plastic bottle if you don't have a travel size, then put it in a small plastic zip-lock bag to prevent leaks. I think that you should plan on wearing a t-shirt and shorts (I have a short sleeve t-shirt dress that I wear) over your swimsuit if you eat in the dining room. In the buffet just the shorts over the swimsuit is fine. Have a great cruise!

1. Film should go in your hand luggage.

2. The shampoo and soap on board was just fine for me, but I'm not the picky kind.

3. I have no idea.

4. I wouldn't, not in the dinning room.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess HERE WE COME! Alaska has never been so cool! 5/22/04

May 31, 2003 Carnival Triumph to Western Caribbean.

The official word is that "We kindly ask that you do not wear bathing suits or beach attire in the Public Rooms or Lounges, especially the Dining Rooms"

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick1234:

I tried to search but no luck

1. Do I put the camera and film in the carry on?

Yes, remember to put any medications and jewelry in carryone also. You bags could be opened at any of 3 places.

2. How is the shampoo and soap? I need all the extra space I can get!

I brought shampoo for DH (he is fussy) but I used the shampoo and conditioner and was very pleased

3.Is Cafe Carrib that good that we should eat there on Formal Nights?

No, I don't think so. I brought one long black (cheap) skirt with two nice blouses for formal nights. No problem. Some folks dressed to the nines, others wore pantsuits, nice skirts and blouses or nice sundress. DH wore sports jacket w/tie and white shirt.

4.Can we ware bathing suit tops with shorts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch?(1 piece suits)Many had on bathing suits but wore shorts and top. I used one of my coverups and that was fine.

Can I make reservations for Sabatinis the first night? Should I find the resturant as soon as we get on? Will they be open to take reservations? I would call Sabatini as soon as possible for reservation

I seem to have to much out to pack so I need to condence! Rule of thumb. Once packed, go back and take half the stuff out. You will still be overpacked. Bathing suits and shorts the norm during the day and slacks for evening. I believe you must be covered even in the buffet areas.

Thanks for all the advise I have gotton on this board.

Ali<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ENJOY, you will have a wonderful time. It really goes by so fast.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Archived