Australia Day cruise

newfarmers

And here we are. Arrived in the darkness and in White Bay at 4. Shuttle is to Town Hall described by the less than fit looking cruise director as a "short walk to Circular Quay". Not for the many elderly passengers on board it's not. No Oz Day festivities on deck due to noise restructions in White Bay. The cruise should have been sold as a Non Event. Feeling so ripped off.

To add insult to injury we are in 9134. It is right above the stage of the Blue Room. The cabin is unusable from nine until midnight when the band stops. Even the ear plugs that I demanded from reception didn't help.

What a disappointment.

Will there be activities later in the day? Town Hall is certainly not an easy walk to CQ. There should be local buses or the free red bus 555 (provided by Sydney Transport) going to the harbour from Town Hall. I hope you make it and the rain clears up!

Will there be activities later in the day? Town Hall is certainly not an easy walk to CQ. There should be local buses or the free red bus 555 (provided by Sydney Transport) going to the harbour from Town Hall. I hope you make it and the rain clears up!

what 'free bus' ?? there are no buses that run along George St anymore - and the 'green' free bus was killed off months ago.

Granted.. the weather in Sydney today isn't the best - hope you have a decent day in Sydney (newfarmers)

In that case, the best and quickest option would be train from Town Hall to Circular Quay.

Have to get my arrival time right. It was 5am as we were arriving in White Bay. Mobile is still on Brisbane time.

If there's a cab anywhere around when we get out of the bus well get in it. Otherwise we'll do the train. We just want 'easiest' for mum and dad. Thanks for your input everyone.

Have to get my arrival time right. It was 5am as we were arriving in White Bay. Mobile is still on Brisbane time.

If there's a cab anywhere around when we get out of the bus well get in it. Otherwise we'll do the train. We just want 'easiest' for mum and dad. Thanks for your input everyone.

Shuttles worked like a well oiled machine. Ten minutes to Town Hall. Got a cab in a few seconds. Weather has been spectacular. Harbour was amazing. Straight back in a cab outside Circular Quay station. $10 to QVB. Back on the ship to charge the phone for more photos!!

After all the worry about shuttles, cbd drop-offs and the rest, every thing worked out quite well, for us at least. We ended up catching a shuttle bus to the CBD after breakfast then noticing that it was all downhill to CQuay did the walk. We are young seventy year olds so it was not a problem, might be a bit different were we in our 80s or 90s.

Had plenty of time to look around the Opera House and grab a coffee before boarding Captain Cook Cruises. You would all have to agree we could not have been in a better place. Fab day, great photos.

Jumped on the train $2 back to Town Hall (uphill) to Town Hall and the awaiting shuttle, back to our Ship by about 3 ish, cold drinks, into the pool, perfect day. Fireworks bit flat but all fireworks look a bit flat compared to NYE.

All in all, good cruise, might try Carnival next.

ps; Sorry to hear about the noise problems newfarmers. That band in the Blue Room (Dick Smithers and the Doo-Wops) was one of the highlights of our cruise, your Mum & Dad would have loved them.:)

'Till next time, WSS.

• 5 weeks later...

We both completed the survey and then I send a letter of complaint about the noise in the cabin. Last week P&O contacted me and offered compensation. Slightly less cash than I had asked for and considerably more FCC. As I said, we actually really liked Aria, so we have taken the FCC and look forward to sailing out of Brisbane, or maybe Cairns, on Aria or Eden in the next 12 months.

To add insult to injury we are in 9134. It is right above the stage of the Blue Room. The cabin is unusable from nine until midnight when the band stops. Even the ear plugs that I demanded from reception didn't help.

What a disappointment.

I read your comments about 9134, which we had booked for our PNG cruise. Have now changed to 9070. It appears to be in a better location - here's hoping anyway.

I read your comments about 9134, which we had booked for our PNG cruise. Have now changed to 9070. It appears to be in a better location - here's hoping anyway.

If we only help one cruiser have a better time we will be happy. I'll be interested to hear how you enjoy your PNG cruise. We will more than likely use our FCC to book a PNG or Solomons cruise.

Cheers

Pete and Al