Fort Lauderdale by the sea

stardelight

Could someone tell me if the holiday inn on north ocean drive is alright for a one day pre cruise stay.As we have an early morning flight the day before the cruise.Have stayed in this area before and enjoyed it very much, but know nothing about this hotel. Thank you. Bill

How about the Holiday Inn on Ft. Lauderdale Beach Road? Free shuttles, on the beach and only $105 a night on Mar. 10 with entertainment card. Any info?

Thanks.

I assume you mean this one... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/fllsb

It does NOT have any shuttles, free or otherwise! It's actually across the street from the beach. It's a basic older hotel, nothing fancy, but fine as long as you don't expect 4 or 5-stars. It's 3 blocks and across a bridge from a Water Taxi stop. There are a few small restaurants and bars, and a 7-11 in the immediate area.

Thanks for the help. My cruise is 1/29/06 and it sounds as if rooms are hard to come by this year. Must get on the ball. Bill

Definitely... With the King Tut exhibit proving to be extremely popular, and increased tourism in general, rooms in Fort Lauderdale are quite a bit more expensive than in past years, and becoming scarce. Many dates this winter & spring are already sold out.

Archived