B2B in Port Canaveral - What Would You Do?

cruisinmama!

Hi All,

We are going on a B2B cruise in October/November 2016. We will be flying into MCO pre-cruise on 10/29, boarding the RCCL Freedom on 10/30, then debarking 11/4 and getting back on Oasis on 11/5. We are a family of 4 and our kids will be 3 and 5 at the time of sailing.

We are trying to figure out what to do pre-cruise and between cruises. Right now I am thinking it probably makes the most sense pre-cruise to just get a transfer from MCO down to Cocoa Beach or the Port area and stay overnight at one of those hotels and explore the port or beach area. Would you agree?

As far as that day between the 2 cruises though we are having some trouble. We thought about taking the kids for a day at Magic Kingdom, but not sure if the cost would be worth it or not given their ages and the distance for just one day. Same kind of goes for the other Orlando theme parks as well such as Sea World or Universal. Do you think it would? Or would we be better off just heading back to the beach area and exploring some more? Any other suggestions?

Thoughts? Opinions?

We have never sailed out of Port Canveral or been to Orlando so we are really flying blind here and could really use any help anyone is wiling to give :-)

Thanks!~

Kennedy Space Center is another option that your crew may be too young to appreciate.

Instead of transfers I would look at using one-way rental cars to get from MCO to your hotel; you can drop the family and bags off at the ship, return the car and then ride the free car rental shuttle back to the port.

I would also rent a car for your day between cruises; gives you lots of flexibility on where you can go and what you can do -- beach, shopping, movies, etc. All of the major agencies have offices in PC or nearby Coco beach and offer free shuttles to/from the port.

CAPT BJ is frequently on this board and may have more local suggestions for your crew. Good luck! :)

I just recently moved to Cocoa Beach, so I may not have all the details for you. However, the beach is family friendly. There is also the dinosaur store across the street from Ron Jon's. The Dolfun tour takes you out on the river and there are a usually several pods of dolphin to see. There are on groupon frequently.