Zenith Cruise 11/14/05

unlimited

Oh my ~ there are so many. First of all....cruising is fabulous and I hope you love it. So many people love Zenith and I hope you do, too.

My first tip is don't overpack.

Next, when you board the ship, drop off your carry-ons in your cabin and grab a deck plan of the ship (there should be one in your room or pick one up at the Guest Services desk). Head to the top deck and walk each deck to get a feel for where everything is located. Work your way down from the top deck to the lowest deck with public rooms.

If you plan to use any spa services (such as a massage) book it the day your board to get your choice of days and times. Sea days fill up quickly.

And most importantly, relax and have a GREAT time. For us, there is no better place to be than on board a ship!

Come back and tell us all about it! Bon Voyage!

We have a total of 4 ppl going. We never been on Celebrity. Can't wait, I love trying different cruise lines to see who is better in terms of food, service, & entertainment. I havn't been on a 5 day in years. Now I need to find another cruise to book.

We are going on Zenith in Dec. Our DD, SIL and DGD just toured the ship last weekend and loved it. they said it so much more intimate than the large, overpowing ships being built today. I do agree about the over packing: it takes lots of traveling to learn how to pack. I try to pack just enough so the last day I will still have 2 choices as to what to wear. We took a 7 dayer last November with 2 other couples: here is the difference between people: gal number 1-7 pair of shoes, gal number 2, 5 pair and gal number 3, me, 3 pair. BTW this was a freetyle type and we were not dressing formally a single night. I took sandles, tennis shoes, a pair of heels plus what I was wearing when at embarkation. I just did a 10 day cruise and had about the same number, maybe 1 more. DH took 3 on our last one, which included 6 days in Europe. He took tennies, top siders and dress shoes.

Another little piece of advise, we always have $25 to $50 in dollar bills to use for tipping. Yes, everything you spend on the ship will be put on your room account but the bills come in handy for tipping the porter, paying for little things while in port and any other tips you may want to give while on tours.

We have found it easier to get to the port just prior to actual embarkation timeL: usually we arrive around 11am. We are on ship by noon or a bit later and have the afternoon to get to know the ship.

These are just some ideas. I am certain you will get lots more. NMNita

Archived