Air France to Papeete?

kootz

My husband and I are flying Air France in November from LAX to Papeete. Has anyone flown this route with them? Wondering about the service as we will be flying business class. It looks to me like an older plane. Any help would be appreciated...

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I flew LAXPPT in September for our honeymoon cruise on the TP. We also were in First Class. The service was good, although some of the food was a bit funky. Gooseliver Pate for example. The crew is very nice, as they are based in PPT and fly this route quite frequently. The women even change their uniforms after takeoff to beautiful flower dresses.

There were some on and off problems with our in-flight entertainment. Seemed that every once in a while, the system would bog down and not let you do anything but listen to the radio. It is an interactive in-flight system, so you have total control over movies, tv shows, news, cartoons, or games you would like to play. If I recall, there were about 8 movies to chose from, and you could start them at any time.

Make sure you use the premier class lounge access in both LAX and PPT. Pour your own drinks (free), food, and nice chairs and couches. (Not like the majority of US carrier lounges that charge you for drinks)

You will have an incredible trip. Enjoy every minute of it. It was absolutely paradise in FP, and I would go back tomorrow if I could--instead we are headed for a Hawaiin cruise at the end of the week.:D

Archived