renting a car at cruise terminal in Vancouver

Is there a car rental agency at the Vancouver Cruise terminal that has their cars at the port or do all the agencies have to shuttle you to their cars? Last time we rented a car we were shuttle quite a ways in to town to pick up the car, wasted about an hour.

Our plan is to pick up car and head to Whistler overnight.

Any recommendations. Thanks Karen

• Alamo and National have vehicles at the port. They are my preferred choice. If I need a luggage friendly minivan.... BOOK NOW! The cruise terminal fleet is tiny compared to other car rentals.
  • Enterprise has a desk is one floor up at the Pan Pacific. They also have vehicles at the port.
  • Avis likes to see you wait for their shuttle 1/2 mile away.
  • Hertz likes seeing their customers drag their luggage 3 blocks up and down the hill from the Pacific Rim hotel
  • Other requires a taxi or a long walk. That is Thrifty and Budget.

Some other things to consider....

• Which hotel are you staying at? How much is parking? Consider a hotel in Richmond where parking is free or a lower cost.
  • Are you returning the car at the airport? How much extra does it cost to drop a vehicle there compared to the port? One option is leave the car back at the cruise terminal and then catch a $35 cab ($25 USD) to the airport. Subway is another option.

Edited by xlxo

• Alamo and National have vehicles at the port. They are my preferred choice. If I need a luggage friendly minivan.... BOOK NOW! The cruise terminal fleet is tiny compared to other car rentals.
  • Enterprise has a desk is one floor up at the Pan Pacific. They also have vehicles at the port.
  • Avis likes to see you wait for their shuttle 1/2 mile away.
  • Hertz likes seeing their customers drag their luggage 3 blocks up and down the hill from the Pacific Rim hotel
  • Other requires a taxi or a long walk. That is Thrifty and Budget.

Some other things to consider....

• Which hotel are you staying at? How much is parking? Consider a hotel in Richmond where parking is free or a lower cost.
  • Are you returning the car at the airport? How much extra does it cost to drop a vehicle there compared to the port? One option is leave the car back at the cruise terminal and then catch a $35 cab ($25 USD) to the airport. Subway is another option.

Thank you for the helpful advice. We are staying in a hotel in Whistler. I will return to the airport, it is worth the convenience. Thanks again, Karen