NCL Breakaway 11/27/16

themixedone86

So of course we almost always do beachy things on the islands, but I kept hearing about this excursion being super cool and the reviews are excellent. Has anyone else heard of this or done it?

You get to design your own cologne/perfume in a professional perfumery setting:

http://tijon.com

They are typically closed on the day we are in port (Sat), but I have been in contact and they will open for our group if we want (I have 7 in my group) plus anyone else here that might want to participate.

I don't know but I think the idea of having a custom fragrance (that you can even reorder) is pretty cool, especially since we have plenty of other ports that are beach centered.

What do you think? Anyone have experience with this already?

Danny

So of course we almost always do beachy things on the islands, but I kept hearing about this excursion being super cool and the reviews are excellent. Has anyone else heard of this or done it?

You get to design your own cologne/perfume in a professional perfumery setting:

http://tijon.com

They are typically closed on the day we are in port (Sat), but I have been in contact and they will open for our group if we want (I have 7 in my group) plus anyone else here that might want to participate.

I don't know but I think the idea of having a custom fragrance (that you can even reorder) is pretty cool, especially since we have plenty of other ports that are beach centered.

What do you think? Anyone have experience with this already?

Danny

That actually sounds pretty cool. And it looks like you can do that and still enjoy the island. Any idea of how much it is?

Hey Guys!

Been a busy past few days where time had to be devoted to other things so I haven't been around here much! We still have plenty of time to plan!

Danny - The excursion sounds unique for sure! I'm not sure I would do it though since half the time I forget to wear cologne to work. I work in a heavy allergen environment and fragrances are heavily frowned upon. It is a nice idea though! :)

I was watching the Maho Beach webcam at one point over the weekend. Just needed some warm thoughts. Might go there for a bit in the PM when the heavy aircraft are taking off. That's always fun watching people get blown away. :D

Hey Guys!

Been a busy past few days where time had to be devoted to other things so I haven't been around here much! We still have plenty of time to plan!

Danny - The excursion sounds unique for sure! I'm not sure I would do it though since half the time I forget to wear cologne to work. I work in a heavy allergen environment and fragrances are heavily frowned upon. It is a nice idea though! :)

I was watching the Maho Beach webcam at one point over the weekend. Just needed some warm thoughts. Might go there for a bit in the PM when the heavy aircraft are taking off. That's always fun watching people get blown away. :D

We are going to try and do that *and* Maho. I just can't imagine going to St. Maarten and not seeing the planes. When I lived back in L.A. (grew up there) I used to go to El Segundo which was the beach right near LAX and watch the planes take off/land. They were close but NOTHING like Maho. I want to see it at least once! :)

What does everyone think about Martinique? The more and more I read the more it sounds like a good port to stay on the ship.

We are going to try and do that *and* Maho. I just can't imagine going to St. Maarten and not seeing the planes. When I lived back in L.A. (grew up there) I used to go to El Segundo which was the beach right near LAX and watch the planes take off/land. They were close but NOTHING like Maho. I want to see it at least once! :)

What does everyone think about Martinique? The more and more I read the more it sounds like a good port to stay on the ship.

I will relay this tour along. I know my mom hasn't done any of these items before so we are looking for new experiences. I was going to split a taxi with her to Maho and just hang there for lunch and a beer and watch the planes land. Since she's with me... as much as I'd like to do Orient Beach... it would be super awkward unless she stays on the ship! :cool::eek:

I'll see what my friend is up to and maybe have her poke over here. They were both on the Epic roll call in the GLBT section. We've adopted them! Solo friendly cruisers unite!!! :D

Sterling - Please keep the sucky weather! Ours is fantastic here in Boston. Very little snow all winter and really high temps. Today I was sitting out working on my tan... in MARCH! Unheard of!

I'm hanging in there but plans are under way to put a vacation before this cruise! I don't think I'm going to be able to wait either! :cool:

Huge wind storm for us today. No power for 7 hours now. [emoji52]

However, the internet still works! ;):D The West Coast is finally getting some much needed rain, or at least California is. I think Seattle weather is always depressing? Sort of like England? I need the sun! The winters can be long in New England but not this year!!

Only 250 some odd days until we sail! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We will be on this cruise!!

Welcome aboard! You cruise nearly as much as I do and we actually cruised together in 2003 on the Splendour of the Seas (Atlantis Charter). Although I am not certain if we talked at that time! :cool: It's going to be a fab time for sure! Glow Party - NCL's rebranded White Party on their newer ships is always a gay takeover. Just hoping we have a really awesome DJ on! The current Breakaway DJ will be on vacation at that time and he's phenomenal! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I did a great private tour in Barbados and will be doing it again this coming trip. If you think you'd be interested in going let me know we can arrange more then one van if we need to. Depending on how many people are interested the price can vary. I'd say anywhere from $85 to $120 per person. This is a sample of the tour might be:

We will drive by Carlisle Bay, Garrison Savannah, Gun Hill Signal Station, East coast, Morgan Lewis Sugar Mill, West Coast - Speightstown & Holetown.

Stop at Bathsheba, Cherry Tree Hill, Wildlife Reserve and Paynes Bay to swim with the turtles and snorkel at shipwreck.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NCL has finally begun to load the shore excursions for our cruise. So far two ports are up. I'm going to hold off to see what NCL is offering than commit to other tours. At this point, NCL is taking their time. Most of the earlier ports I've been to many times. This tour you mentioned for Barbados sounds very interesting tho! :)

Let's hope NCL loads them all soon. It'll help me start to day dream for the cruise and also give me some hope to get through a long summer with NO time off! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I (CC name: Rebeccathegeek) will be on this cruise! Super excited that there was a G&L roll call in addition to the other one. The G&L meeting we went to on the Gem last year was empty, so I'm glad to see Breakaway's 4000 passenger count has a bit more variety! :)

Edited by MissJessicaB

My wife and I (CC name: Rebeccathegeek) will be on this cruise! Super excited that there was a G&L roll call in addition to the other one. The G&L meeting we went to on the Gem last year was empty, so I'm glad to see Breakaway's 4000 passenger count has a bit more variety! :)

Sure there will be a ton more on our cruise