Sandals Ocho Rios "Ochi" - Day Pass Anyone?

Susie B.

Has anyone purchased a day pass for the Sandals in Ocho Rios lately? Just curious what you thought, if it was worth it and how long the drive was. We did it once many years ago and I'm sure the resort has changed a bit. I believe the current rate is $85 per person plus your taxi fare.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm curious about the day pass at Sandals Ochi also. Seems very strange there are almost no threads about this that are current on CC

The website still lists a day pass for $85 from 10-6 and the resort is pretty close to the port....so why so little information?

thanks

Trish

I have visited this Sandals a few years ago and am considering getting a day pass for this March. I called a few weeks ago and was told the following. "Day passes are sold based on occupancy, you would need to contact the resort directly regarding prices and availability at about 3-2 days in advance. The direct phone number to Sandals Ochi is 1-876-974-5691."

While I have not paid for the day pass previously based on my previous visit I think it would be worthwhile. They did a lot of renovation about 2 years ago. The resort is gorgeous. My main concern is the taxi fare.

oh so you couldn't even be sure they are selling them that day unless you call ahead of time....hmm.

My sail dates are during spring break (in Ocho Rios 3/15) so they might be at high capacity and not selling them.

I'm a little surprised no one is answering much of anything on any of the taxi costs thread that are active here on the Jamaica board.

I've used taxis in many ports and have never seen this little info about them...maybe they are not used much?

I think that is the same day as me. Are you on the Epic by chance. If I call the hotel directly I'll let you know what they say. I agree that time of the year they may be at occupancy. I'm up in the air and may just book a tour from the boat. I worry about the taxi cost.

• 1 month later...

I am reporting back. We did the day pass last week and LOVED it. The day before the cruise I called the hotel directly at the number I posted above and confirmed availability. I also looked on-line at Sandals directly and saw they had many rooms available for that day.

The taxi ride was 10-15 minutes and cost $20 pp round trip. The day pass was $85 and worth every penny. I doubt I will ever go to Ochi and not do this again. We snorkeled, kayaked, eat and drank. I had stayed at the resort about 2 years earlier so I had the advantaged of knowing my way around because it is large. The snorkel trips are as I remember 11, 2 and 3. They also have a 10 am but I don't think you can get there that early. We ran right to the water sports desk and fortunately got in. If you want to snorkel do that first as the trips to get full.