Why did Splendor leave Grand Cayman so early?

Jeepenfun

Quackattack for the university of Oregon. Aggie for utah state university. Sorry to let you down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Splendor for this cruise and they were not going to anchor but use GPS system to stay in position. As has been explained by other passenger, they tried to secure tenders but there was no way it was going to happen. another ship in port was going thru the same thing and their tenders left as well.

Pat

I've been to Grand Cayman many times on Carnival and luckily we've only missed the port one time. We pulled up just off the coast like always and waited maybe 45 minutes or so. The ship turned around and went to the next port due to they said the sea was too rough for tendering in. The waved didn't look that bad but we were looking at it from the lido deck so I'm sure it was deceiving.

It seems like normally the ships I've sailed on to GC don't anchor and they use the azipods and GPS to keep the ship in location. A crew member once said the ship will hold its position within a meter of where it's supposed to stay when using the gps.

One thing to remember is if your going to a port where they do anchor is to not get a inside cabin up at the front of the ship. One time I was assigned a interior cabin at the very front of the ship. It was quite the experience to be sound asleep when they dropped the anchor and you can hear every link clanging on the ship as it's going down.LOL Our whole room vibrated and it was extremely loud.