Dining options on Carnival Sensation?

Rebecca in NC

Our family of 4 will be taking our first cruise in March on the Carnival Sensation! (5 day E Caribbean out of Miami). I have made a list of the dining options for each meal on board -- Please correct me if I'm wrong or add options I have missed. Also any recommendations from the list? My kids are 8 and 11 -- not picky eaters and we love to try new foods!

Room service -- 24 hours/ all meals

Breakfast -- offered in MDR on port days

Lido buffet on all days

Brunch -- offered in MDR on sea days (I have been told this is very good)

Lido buffet on all days

Lunch -- offered in MDR (all days?)

Lido buffet all days

Deli, pizza all days (is this by Lido buffet?)

Dinner -- offered in MDR all days

Lido buffet all days

Deli, pizza, and Mongolian Wok all days

Sushi bar/cart -- this is included, but not a wide selection

Snacks -- ice cream and pizza (24 hours?), Room service for snacks

Our family of 4 will be taking our first cruise in March on the Carnival Sensation! (5 day E Caribbean out of Miami). I have made a list of the dining options for each meal on board

Snacks -- ice cream and pizza (24 hours?), Room service for snacks

Yes, the ice cream station and pizza station are open 23 hours as is room service with the items on the room service menu including the items available at cost.

Thanks for the info! We're not planning ahead on where we eat each night, but I just want to be sure that I know the options before -- I initially told my kids there was a Guy's Burger joint on board, but then I checked and realized it was another reship. So I just wanted to verify the options with those in the know. Trying to get them excited....

There is no lunch in MDR, only brunch on sea days. But there are many lunch offerings included and they are tasty.

Sushi bar has been replaced by Taste bar. Taste bar has small servings based on pay restaurants in the fleet.

Thanks for the info! We're not planning ahead on where we eat each night, but I just want to be sure that I know the options before -- I initially told my kids there was a Guy's Burger joint on board, but then I checked and realized it was another reship. So I just wanted to verify the options with those in the know. Trying to get them excited....

There's still burgers on the ship, just not Guy's. They're not as amazing, but they're still pretty good. The burger grill also has hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, and tortilla chips and cheese sauce.

Room service is mostly sandwiches, both hot and cold, with some additional items for a small fee.

Oh -- so sad to hear about the lack of sushi bar/cart. We were really looking forward to that one a lot. :(

Many considered that change a cutback, but my wife does not eat fish so she is thrilled with the Taste bar.

There's still burgers on the ship, just not Guy's. They're not as amazing, but they're still pretty good. The burger grill also has hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, and tortilla chips and cheese sauce.

Room service is mostly sandwiches, both hot and cold, with some additional items for a small fee.

The chicken tenders on the grill almost make up for the fact that they do not have GUY'S. Sadly, they are hard to find on GUYS ships.

• 4 weeks later...