Victory deck change

bobnbetty

Tonight I found out when looking at my conformation email that because I added a 3rd person to our cabin, our cabin deck is now the Riviera...also known as the first deck. I was not told this when I made the change earlier in the day. We have not been on the Riviera deck in many, many years. The ocean view cabin is mid ship and in the middle. Please someone tell me...what is the deck like. Am I going to be unhappy being so low? Do you feel everything, etc., etc., because you are so low? Please....the pros and cons. Attempted to change but no other higher floor sofa bed ocean view rooms available. And it's our 4th wedding anniversary celebration. TYIA.

On the positive side, you will have passenger cabins above you and not any lounges/bars/dining areas/kitchens.

I had a deck 2 (Main deck) OV and the room was HUGE. I was leery of Riviera because I could not see what was below on any deck plans. If you are mid-ship or mid-forward I would not be concerned though as machinery tends to be more aft.

I have been mid ship Riviera deck on Liberty, and it was one of the quietest rooms, and smoothest cruises I have been on. Even last year On Victory, was on Riviera but way forward and it also was quiet and barely any noticeable movement. That deck remains one of my favorites. Have a happy anniversary and cruise.:)

I like being down low. It's very convenient for getting off/on the ship in port, or for debarkation, or for going to the dining rooms, or for any nighttime entertainment. Also, motion is less the lower you go. I am usually on decks 1 or 2, especially on my more recent cruises.