Dubrovnik, distance from ship

Hi all, just wondering how far it is from where the ship docks to the city and if if its a fare distance away is there a shuttle bus available.

Rick.

About a 40 minute walk which I wouldn't recommend. Last time we were there local taxis outside the port cost €10 to Pile Gate which is the entrance to the Old Town (or the cable car station) and with loads of people off the ship going there it's easy to double up so it works out €2.50 pp. There is a local bus runs along the road outside the port but I believe you need local currency for that and I think it gets very crowded.

When we were there in September, the taxis were charging 13 euros into town - if there are 4 people it's really cheap. Also, they were charging 50 euros for an hour trip - all the prices are printed on the wall. This is excellent value between 4 people as we spoke to someone who had done this and the taxi took them into town, up the hill to the top of the cablecar (therefore saving £10 each for the cablecar from town) and then out of the city and over the new bridge. They would then either drop you by the old town or bring you back to the ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...