Do I really want to migrate to Oceania?

lizboyle

I live in the US and I have seen variations and similarities in Oceania vs Azamara fares. Really depends on where and when you want to travel. Often times the amount can be quite similar and then it comes down (for me) to the actual itinerary and what is included in the fare.....

At the moment O has very good bargains on some cruises based on UK prices. Azamara does not have these bargains and a cruise with a similar itinerary to the O cruise we booked is about a third more expensive with Azamara. That is not to say I wouldn't prefer to book Azamara....I would of course, but it doesn't make economic sense for what will be my fourth cruise and a land holiday also in 2016.

We hope to book an AZ cruise as well, but it may be a late deal this year.

Chewbacca, I do enjoy trivia and hope our Nautica cruise has better organisation of this event than on my last O cruise on Marina. The CD was dire....it wasn't Ray though. I do agree that letting the singers and dancers do the Trivia on Azamara is not perfect though, while it may cause amusement as often they cannot pronounce the words. I once had to try to translate every trivia question as the lovely Ukrainian dancer was hopeless....but it was very funny! :)

I live in the US and I have seen variations and similarities in Oceania vs Azamara fares. Really depends on where and when you want to travel. Often times the amount can be quite similar and then it comes down (for me) to the actual itinerary and what is included in the fare.....

Some personal experience.

We started cruising with Oceania 3 years ago. Our first cruises (plural) were on the Regatta. We love both the ship and the line.

Then we found Azamara - same ship as the Regatta and several others (4 in total). Our first cruise with Azamara was the Baltic. An absolutely spectacular Amazin evening night at the ballet, and I'm not a ballet fan.

This year we're sailing Singapore to Athens - 32 days - on Azamara. Oceania had a similar cruise - 35 days, Hong Kong to Athens - approx. $12k more. Plus gratuities, and of course no complimentary wine. So, about $15k more.

One of those "no brainer" decisions.

Last week we booked an 18 day cruise on "Sirena" for 2017. There was no comparable Azamara itinerary.