price question and others.

msstarr22

Ok my deposit is in, sitting here reviewing all I can about the Disney Dream. Called with more questions. Now the down and dirty...

1. Once you have booked a cabin, will Disney honor a lower price than I paid if it is advertised?

2. My DDIL booked this through her travel agent. Can I call Disney and get the discount? I hate cutting an agents commission as I also worked as one before retiring and still would love the discounts if available.

3. I used to worry about booze police on other cruises but don't really drink as much anymore. My DS does! Does it still get through in rum runners?:eek:

In the RARE event that a better rate becomes available BEFORE the penalty date, DCL will honor the lower rate. It will not be automatic--your (or TA if you used one) will have to call DCL to get it.

2. What discount are you talking about? Do you mean if a better rate comes out? If you booked thru a TA, you have to make that call.

Do you mean that you booked directly and now wish you had used a TA? You can transfer your reservation to a TA within 30 days of booking BUT the TA gets a reduced commission. It is better to cancel and have the TA book for you as they will get their full commission for this "new" reservation.

If your reservation was booked thru a TA, any changes must go thru the TA. YOU can still do your on line check in, book adult dining, excursions, etc.

3. Until just a few months ago, there was no restriction on how much alcohol could be brought on board DCL. Now you are limited to 2 bottles of wine/champagne OR 6 bottles of beer AT EACH PORT and PER EACH PASSENGER AGE 21 or over. So if you don't drink but son does, you can bring your allowance on board and give it to him after boarding. All alcohol and any other beverage must be in your carry on bags.

All luggage is screened. If any contraband is identified, it will be removed and can be claimed after the cruise. Also, if any beverages are placed in checked luggage and burst with damage resulting to any other guest's belongings, the owner of the offending suitcase will be liable for cleaning and/or replacement of the damaged goods. And they WILL identify the case with the burst substance in it!

Edited by moki'smommy

Ok my deposit is in, sitting here reviewing all I can about the Disney Dream. Called with more questions. Now the down and dirty...

1. Once you have booked a cabin, will Disney honor a lower price than I paid if it is advertised?

2. My DDIL booked this through her travel agent. Can I call Disney and get the discount? I hate cutting an agents commission as I also worked as one before retiring and still would love the discounts if available.

3. I used to worry about booze police on other cruises but don't really drink as much anymore. My DS does! Does it still get through in rum runners?:eek:

1. Historically, DCL doesn't lower prices. There may be some last minute rates on those cruises that aren't selling well, but they are specified for "new bookings only". Not really a rate drop.

2. No sure what discount you're asking about.

3. The change in the alcohol policy is fairly recent. Personally, I wouldn't tempt fate by trying to bypass the policy. Rum runners were never necessary on DCL.