Galveston With an Electric Wheelchair

mistshar

When we go on our cruise in April, I will be using a mobility wheelchair. I wonder if anyone who has used a wheelchair or scooter has parked at Park N Cruise or Galveston VIP Parking and rode in them crossing the street. Did you have any issues going across the railroad tracks? We will be going on Liberty of the Seas.

I posted this on the disabled site and did not receive any responses so I thought I might get some help on this one.

Thank you for your information.

We have used this port several times with a handicap scooter. I usually drop off my wife with the scooter at the ship and then ride back on the bus. On debarkation we all rode in the Handicap equipped lift right out to our car. As I recall, they have several vans equipped with a lift in the rear to get you back to your car and pick you up from your parking spot. We always used the parking provided by the Port authority because I am a disabled Vet and they offer parking for free if you have VA card showing your disability or a letter showing your amount of compensation.

No help on your question, but on your return, when heading to customs, stay in the far right lane to obtain a porter for help thru customs. I use a walker. Enjoy.

Thank you for your info. That will be most helpful.

When we go on our cruise in April, I will be using a mobility wheelchair. I wonder if anyone who has used a wheelchair or scooter has parked at Park N Cruise or Galveston VIP Parking QUOTE]

BTW: VIP is a little closer than PNC. The entrance to VIP is right on the corner and PNC is around the corner and depending what category you buy your car can be down the alley a ways. We booked indoor so we where just off the street a little. But PNC had outside parking slots all the way down the block. I know that might be hard to visualize but if you Google earth it you will see what I am talking about. If mobility is a real concern then go with VIP.

When we go on our cruise in April, I will be using a mobility wheelchair. I wonder if anyone who has used a wheelchair or scooter has parked at Park N Cruise or Galveston VIP Parking QUOTE]

BTW: VIP is a little closer than PNC. The entrance to VIP is right on the corner and PNC is around the corner and depending what category you buy your car can be down the alley a ways. We booked indoor so we where just off the street a little. But PNC had outside parking slots all the way down the block. I know that might be hard to visualize but if you Google earth it you will see what I am talking about. If mobility is a real concern then go with VIP.

Thank you for your info. We have actually parked at both places so know what the layout is. We have VIP booked this year. I was mainly wanting to know how difficult it would be to get to the terminal in a wheelchair.

I appreciate your help!

Getting to the terminal shouldn't be a problem. However, once you get there you might have to roll a little ways down the terminal to get into line. When we went I dropped everybody off with the luggage and went to park the car.

When I walked back they were already inside the terminal and I had to find the end of the line to queue up. I was on the phone with DW and she was giving me directions, but they had steps that were roped off and security telling people to not go under the ropes. When he wasn't looking I cut under and got to the front of line. Our staggered check in time had already expired so they didn't turn me away once I got to the door.

You might consider getting dropped off with the luggage and let somebody park the car. The only thing when we did that was it took me longer to get out of the parking lot than it did for DW and TC's to get to the front of the line and check in.