Advice please. Will we make it? Flight arriving 11:35am day of Royal Caribbean cruise

tusconcam

I found this site called flightstats.com where you enter in the airline name and if you have it, the flight number to see the performance of on-time service.

Thanks so much for that tip about flightstats.com! It was reassuring to see that even though my departure airport (EWR/Newark, NJ) is notorious for delayed departures, they typically seem to make up the time--and even beat the arrival time--by the time they get to Barcelona.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. As an update. Despite other posters feelings/track record with Air Transat I was able to cancel my package charter flight through my TA and reschedule it for early morning the day before we set sail for a nominal fee and even maintain our seats that we had pre-purchased for the day of original flight for free.

I feel much relieved at having that greater window available just in case anything bad were to happen as well as being able to relax for the day ahead of time and not have to rush to get on-board.

Yes I am a rookie cruiser and did perhaps naively follow the advice of my TA who perhaps should have gone over the logistics of other flights and actual boarding times and I maybe should have known better, but I'm sure my TA was just sticking to the regular flight-cruise package times and has said in retrospect that she's never had any problems with past clients in the same position. Does that mean that sound advice should mean flying in a day ahead of time; maybe.

So count me as being a bit more savvy about cruising and more relaxed going into what I am sure will be a great vacation.

Sincerely.

Cameron

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. As an update. Despite other posters feelings/track record with Air Transat I was able to cancel my package charter flight through my TA and reschedule it for early morning the day before we set sail for a nominal fee and even maintain our seats that we had pre-purchased for the day of original flight for free.

I feel much relieved at having that greater window available just in case anything bad were to happen as well as being able to relax for the day ahead of time and not have to rush to get on-board.

Yes I am a rookie cruiser and did perhaps naively follow the advice of my TA who perhaps should have gone over the logistics of other flights and actual boarding times and I maybe should have known better, but I'm sure my TA was just sticking to the regular flight-cruise package times and has said in retrospect that she's never had any problems with past clients in the same position. Does that mean that sound advice should mean flying in a day ahead of time; maybe.

So count me as being a bit more savvy about cruising and more relaxed going into what I am sure will be a great vacation.

Sincerely.

Cameron

BRAVO! Kudos to Air Transat and your TA. Very happy you will not have that layer of stress hanging over you. Have a wonderful cruise.:)

KathyT

Thank-you very much Kathy.

That was a very nice sentiment from you that I appreciate greatly.

The art of being gracious and polite is not dead. Lol

Take care.

Sincerely

Cameron

Cameron,

I'm so pleased for you that you were able to change your flight going to your port of embarkation. What a relief. Now, should anything go wrong you will have plenty of time to sort it out and if nothing goes wrong, you will simply have a nice day at your embarkation port. Over the past 30 years of extensive air travel (Up to 4 flights per week), I've experienced unforeseen delays due to various airlines about 15% of the time overall. In the last 5 years, this has increased a bit to perhaps 20% of the time. So, because of this, I err on the side of caution and always consider I may well be delayed going anywhere at the airport. Hopefully that will not be the case for you and yours. Have a great cruise!