Cruising with toddlers & babies

Sweetness22

I have a "hidden gem" room and wouldn't dare changing it!! [emoji5]!! That room is a steal and I'm too excited about the view. I'll just lay in bed and watch the view! Thanks for all the responses. Another question, is there DVD players in the rooms?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't remember seeing a DVD player on any of the Carnival ships I've been on. If you have a portable DVD player, bring it with some favorite movies and kid shows. We got pretty tired of the shows that were playing on the ship TV, when my DDs were little.

Have a great cruise!

We have done two large (not as large as yours) family cruises. It was great having other people to hand off the little ones to if you need some "me" time. Most nights our kids did "boys night out" and "girls night out" and then twice grandparent (us) watched them so boys and girls could go out.

I am guessing you can find somebody in your group to sit with your kids for a few hours.

You might want to order diapers for the room rather than pack them. Alternative (we are doing in October) pack a duffle bag, buy diapers day prior and take on board.

I have a "hidden gem" room and wouldn't dare changing it!! [emoji5]!! That room is a steal and I'm too excited about the view. I'll just lay in bed and watch the view! Thanks for all the responses. Another question, is there DVD players in the rooms?!

I agree, that is a wonderful room! I have cruised with my grandboys when one was aged 14 months - 3 and 9. We are cruising again tomorrow - YIKE on the Triumph. You can ask for milk at any time on the LIdo deck buffet - someone will get it for you. That room is perfect, lots of floor space for active crawling around. My grands are great about falling asleep for naps without it being quiet - so I could always have the tv on for my entertainment in our room.

No dvd player. We brought a portable one once but now my husband just loads a few of my son's favorite movies on an SD card that we put in my Kindle.

Never seen a DVD player on any CCL or RCL even in a suite. I just bought an Apple to HDMI cord so I can connect my IPhone or IPad to any HDMI input. You do have to bring along a universal remote so you can access the inputs and switch them as the remotes in the cabin won't let you change inputs.