Victor Bodden Tours

George2002

Folks, I have to tell you that if you have not taken advantage of Bodden tours while on Roatan, you are doing yourself a disservice. He has the facilities to accommodate just about any size group. We had 3 people this past week, have had 7 people in a group before. This was my 4th time using Bodden tours. You are assigned a driver for the day, you design the tour to your satisfaction. He has the best zip lines on the island! Beach adventures, snorkeling, fishing, dune buggies, sight seeing, his company covers it all!, at a lot less money than the cruise lines charge! Ask for Zethro or Big Al, both are knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive to what their passengers want. I will be using Bodden Tours the next time I am in Roatan!

I second the recommendation for Rony's Tours. Both companies have great private drivers. Big difference in the actual company. I prefer to support Rony. He is a great guy with a small family business - he really tries to help his small community. Victor may also be a great guy. I've never met him. But I do know that he has many many drivers that work for him and he is very wealthy. Doesn't make Victor a bad guy, for sure - I'd just rather support the small businessman. I also try to shop at local stores vs. Walmart - especially if the prices are the same - no brainer.

Preach it! A lot of truth right there. We love Victor Bodden and also Rony Tours. Private driver for the day and hit up the places you want to see and do. Top notch!

My wife & I just booked Victor's private tour yesterday and have Tex as our guide. I know we want to do the zipline & monkeys, nice meal somewhere? and maybe some beach time. What else would you might recommend as a "must do" during our tour. We are not real big into sightseeing but open for anything....and any recommendations on lunch? We love seafood but also just about everything else as well! :)

My wife & I just booked Victor's private tour yesterday and have Tex as our guide. I know we want to do the zipline & monkeys, nice meal somewhere? and maybe some beach time. What else would you might recommend as a "must do" during our tour. We are not real big into sightseeing but open for anything....and any recommendations on lunch? We love seafood but also just about everything else as well! :)

Have the driver take you you over to West Bay Beach -- most beautiful beach in the caribbean in my opinion. Black Pearl Restaurant in on West Bay Beach and very good. West End Village is where you should go to eat and shop. That is where most of the great restaurants are. The driver will recommend a place. Sundowners is where all the expats hang out -- great bar on the bay there. Roatan Oasis is considered the best restaurant on Roatan and everybody I have spoken to said it is incredible That is where I will be eating on my next cruise for sure. The earlier you get to these places, the better. The seafood is very fresh and they don't stock the seafood. A lot of places on Roatan run out of seafood after 4 pm believe it or not.

Edited by BrotherCraig

Have the driver take you you over to West Bay Beach -- most beautiful beach in the caribbean in my opinion. Black Pearl Restaurant in on West Bay Beach and very good. West End Village is where you should go to eat and shop. That is where most of the great restaurants are. The driver will recommend a place. Sundowners is where all the expats hang out -- great bar on the bay there. Roatan Oasis is considered the best restaurant on Roatan and everybody I have spoken to said it is incredible That is where I will be eating on my next cruise for sure. The earlier you get to these places, the better. The seafood is very fresh and they don't stock the seafood. A lot of places on Roatan run out of seafood after 4 pm believe it or not.

BrotherCraig, That is just fabulous information,...I'm thinking Roatan Oasis for sure! I really appreciate your help and anybody with other ideas, please chime in. Thank You Sir!

Our group consisted of two couples in their early sixties. We had a wonderful day touring the island with Tex, who was an excellent guide and wonderful driver.

Along with seeing highlights of the island we made a stop at Victor's monkey establishment which was a blast. We enjoyed our interaction with the monkeys and birds.

We also did the glass bottom boat tour and enjoyed seeing the reef and fish around it.

This is a tour that we would highly recommend and the price, we felt, was very reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

Our first trip to Roatan was 7 years ago. We used Victor Boden, then, and have used them every time we have returned. He had a small operation when we first went, and has grown a lot over time.

West Bay has also grown in popularity. That has brought all the vendors. Progress :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk