snorkeling and beach recommendation

sanrionjb

Where would be a good spot for snorkeling/group tour in Cozumel for first time snorkelers? We think we might want to snorkel in the morning and then have fun at a beach in the afternoon.

We were thinking of Playa Mia since the beach seems really fun (we're both 20-somethings) but it seems like the snorkeling there is just around some man-made ruins. Am I wrong about this?

Check out This Page for information about snorkeling and beaches.

The summary of what you should know is:

he rule of thumb is: "If you don't see ironshore, the snorkeling will be no good."

Actually, you can snorkel at any of the sandy beaches if you want to, there just won't be as much to see.

Where would be a good spot for snorkeling/group tour in Cozumel for first time snorkelers? We think we might want to snorkel in the morning and then have fun at a beach in the afternoon.

We were thinking of Playa Mia since the beach seems really fun (we're both 20-somethings) but it seems like the snorkeling there is just around some man-made ruins. Am I wrong about this?

Hola,

If I had rookies to break-in, I think Chankanaab Park would get the nod. Lots of fish as well as other goodies. Botanical garden, dolphins and sealions, replica Mayan stuff, good food and a gorgeous place to be.

We have newbies going with us this trip. Last year we did Chank and saw barracudas. I read that there are some underwater caves at the far end of the park that usually has Tarpon in them. I'll have to check it out.:)

Archived