Early or Late dining??

JEN5508

You may have to wait to be seated. You may have a different table and wait staff each night. The dining time may not be convenient for shows. The cruise line won't automatically assign you to a table with others, should you like to meet new people.

Every cruise is different but on my recent cruise on Oasis, there were long queues for ones with or without reservations for MTD. This was around 6 to 6:30pm. Not experienced this on other cruises. When we were on Allure last year, we didn't have to queue even without a reservation.

The difference between reservations and no reservations is that ones with reservations simply have to queue and wait for their turn to be seated. Ones without a reservation have to wait for a table to become available so a longer wait.

Different system for suite passengers btw. They don't have to queue and don't need a reservation.

If I choose the early seating, but on a port day I decide to get back on the ship later would I still be able to go to the MDR and wait for a table as if I had MTD?

Based on my experience ...

Best to have a word with Maitre d'. He may be able to rearrange your seating for that day.

We have enjoyed a lot of flexibility on our cruises. Sometimes a change has not been possible and we have simply gone to an alternative venue.

If I choose the early seating, but on a port day I decide to get back on the ship later would I still be able to go to the MDR and wait for a table as if I had MTD?

No swapping between traditional and MTD. Best to choose MTD if you want flexibility.