Day tours in dublin

bear59

I will be in Dublin for a few days after a Baltic cruise. Can anyone recommend two different day tours outside the city? Musts to see? Was thinking about going to Ciffs of Moher day 1 and Ring of Kerry day 2. I am open to all suggestions! Also can you recommend wish company you booked with?

I wouldn't recommend doing a day tour of the ring of Kerry if you're staying in Dublin. It would be a good idea to stay one night in Dublin and another near Kerry if you really want to do the ring. The ring itself takes 4-8 hours driving depending how much of it you want to see and the drive from Dublin-Kerry would be approx 5 hours. In Ireland our roads are much narrower and we do not have as many freeways. If you want to stay in Dublin only, I'd recommend a day trip to Belfast and giants causeway. Cliffs of moher would be approx 4 hours from Dublin. I live in Ireland and worked as an inbound travel agent dealing with mostly American and Canadian tourists so ask away [emoji4]

I live in Ireland and worked as an inbound travel agent dealing with mostly American and Canadian tourists so ask away [emoji4]

We stop in both Dublin and Belfast on our 2017 cruise. I know that in Belfast we want to see the Titanic Experience and also the Giant's Causeway. Dublin is more of a question mark as DH and I have both visited the city before -- do you have suggestions for excursions that go into the countryside?

Glendalough is a beautiful valley with a waterfall just south of Dublin. There's new grange in county Meath under an hour away. The Blarney Stone and the migrant village of cobh in cork which is down the south of Ireland. There's Connemara in Galway. If you want to spend your two nights in Dublin I'd go with Galway on one day (approx 3 hour drive from Dublin) and maybe Wicklow and Meath on the other day

Thanks aweller88. After our cruise we are flying to Belfast and spending two days there then traveling to Dublin. Thought it would be easier staying more days in Dublin and seeing the countryside from there Guess rings of Kerry are out any other suggestions? We already Paid for our hotels so I don't really want to switch

• 2 weeks later...