Need Maho Beach Advice

Lightning Rays

I will be going to Maho beach for the first time this June and have a couple of quick questions. We will be docked from 08:00-17:00 (5:00 PM).

Are there good places to eat within walking distance of the beach or would you suggest eating somewhere closer to the port?

Is there any shopping within walking distance?

What is the best way to get to Maho beach? Taxi, Bus, etc? And what is the average rate for lets say 7 people? It might only be 3 people going depending on who wants to go and who wants to stay in town to shop, but I'm curious how much it would be for 7.

I will be going to Maho beach for the first time this June and have a couple of quick questions. We will be docked from 08:00-17:00 (5:00 PM).

Are there good places to eat within walking distance of the beach or would you suggest eating somewhere closer to the port?

What is the best way to get to Maho beach? Taxi, Bus, etc? And what is the average rate for lets say 7 people? It might only be 3 people going depending on who wants to go and who wants to stay in town to shop, but I'm curious how much it would be for 7.

There are restaurants at Maho and within a five minute walk at the Maho Village entertainment district. There is some shopping there as well. Taxi is easiest as they leave from port and for 7 people would cost roughly $7-$8 pp each way. Bussing would require you to walk 15-20 minutes but only costs $2 pp each way.

I just want you to be aware, as of 2014 The sunset bar and grill had a $40 minimum on credit card charges. I like the place, no complaints, but didn't notice this the first time there.