Ultimate drink package pricing ?????

Sfr1959

Can someone explain RCI drink package pricing.

In April- May we are doing a B2B cruise on Explorer of the Seas,

First cruise Ultimate package is $86 AUD per day

then second cruise is $ 94 AUD(some ship)

We then spend 4 day in Vancouver the board Radiance of the Seas

Ultimate package is $97 AUD

But before you say it got to do with the Dollar

In Dec 16 we booked Ovation of the Seas and its $84 AUD

Go figure , spoke to customer service and they couldn't give me an answer, except they would get a manager to ring me (been 4 weeks)

Not upset with RCI , want roan my cruise but just don't understand !!!

Cheers [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji485][emoji485]🍾[emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol don't think anybody here or at RCI will be able to explain that crazy variance between 3 cruises! The drink packages are a set price per day in USD so whilst yes they may adjust the exchange rate for the AUD purchase price from time to time, it should be a single exchange rate applied!

For the small variance of a few $ you can't even suggest the 18% service fee is included in some... Will love to hear how they explain it if they actually return your ur call. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I expect it is the falling dollar. RCI like many big companies locks in rates for a period of time, seems like your cruises happen to be over a period where the rate is changing. At the moment they have been giving a rate better than the mid market rate so I'm not surprised that they're changing it.

As I understand it, last year's prices for Select/Premium/Ultimate were (in USD, inc 18 % service) 42/57/67, and these prices are still being applied on some cruises. On others, the new pricing (in USD, exc service) of 39/49/59 are being applied - with the 18 % added, these prices correspond to 46.02/57.82/69.62. So one of the Ultimate differences (94 to 97 AUD) may relate to the 67/69.62 USD change - no idea about the other values!

Edited by AndyKnott

I expect it is the falling dollar. RCI like many big companies locks in rates for a period of time, seems like your cruises happen to be over a period where the rate is changing. At the moment they have been giving a rate better than the mid market rate so I'm not surprised that they're changing it.

I agree with this, it seems different cruises lock in the exchange rate at different times.

Edited by clarea