Cost - Taxi Barcelona airport - Atrium Palace

I used Angie's Taxi Int'l - it was 35e for 4ppl w/4 checked bags, a garment bag, and a carryon apiece. I was told it would be about 20e if I hadn't made arrangements in advance - but I didn't want to wait in queue after traveling all night and we were fortunate that another CC couple was flying in on the same flight and staying 1/2 a block away (Havana) so we shared the cost with them (ended up costing us 20e/couple including tip). Even if there wasn't another couple to share with, we still would've booked with Angie's for the convenience factor after a "red eye" from the states!

excerpted from hotel's email to me:

- Taxi: It costs about 20 Euros. It takes 20 minutes.

- Bus: There is a special bus called Aerobus. It leaves from the airport every 15 minutes. It costs 3 Euros per person. It is comfortable and fast (it will also take 20 minutes). You must stop in Cataluña Square (which is the fourth stop). The hotel is 250 meters from that point. You can check the hotel location in our web side:

I'm always a planner, but when we get to the airport at 11 AM, I was just going to take a taxi to the cruise terminal without a reservation. I can do that, can't I? Do I need a reservation? How about from the hotel to the airport? We have a 9AM flight? I was going to "wing it", but I'm glad i found this post. At the hotel, I was going to tell them the night before. I don't want hubby mad at me.

How many euros to the dollar?

Thanks in advance.

Tina :)

Hi

We hired a taxi from the airport to the port & it cost 22E & there was no wait.

It was recommended in the ship compass(The Splendour) to book a taxi with them for return journey at $23 each but we waited in the queue at the pier for about 10-15minutes & easily got a taxi back to the airport at about 20E total. There was a large queue but there were plenty of taxis. The journey only takes about 15-20 minutes.........Ted

We hired a cab at the airport to the Majestic, 23 euros + tip. We had to only wait in line a couple of minutes.

We took a cab from the Hotel to the airport, again 23 euros + tip. We asked fro a cab at the desk, as we had been told to do by them when we asked the previous night. The cab was outside waiting for us.

There is just a short wait, if any, for a taxi as long as you do not have too many people and/or luggage so you do not need a reservation. However, the taxis are small and there are relatively few mini-van taxis so it is better to pre-reserve if you need something larger.

Archived