Name change on documents.

Terri102066

Can anyone tell me what the latest time is before a cruise to change the name on the cruise documents? A friend of my son invited him on a cruise for Sunday (one week away) for a cruise that one of her friends can not go so she invited him to go. I thought you had to have the names in two weeks or so before the cruise.

He has chose not to go due to work, being out of school and an important meeting that he has, but I thought it was impossible. Does anyone know the cut off date of changing the names on documents?

Terri

Can anyone tell me what the latest time is before a cruise to change the name on the cruise documents? A friend of my son invited him on a cruise for Sunday (one week away) for a cruise that one of her friends can not go so she invited him to go. I thought you had to have the names in two weeks or so before the cruise.

He has chose not to go due to work, being out of school and an important meeting that he has, but I thought it was impossible. Does anyone know the cut off date of changing the names on documents?

Terri

I just got back from the Elation cruise out of Galveston 10.3.05. Changed two of the names on Saturday 10.01.05 when sailing on Monday, It was a little crazy at the port for embarkation as the Sign and Sail Cards had already been made up, however, once confirmed on the MANIFEST and past the Sing and Sail boarding photo station, the PURSER"S desk was able to change the Sign and Sail cards to reflect the correct names, and, was also able to separate the allocation of charges to my credit card account, and to the new passenger's credit card account.

FYI, due to the late name changes, we DID NOT receive the new travel docs at our address in time for the departure, but everything was resolved at the terminal.

We did also have one name change on Wednesday 9.29.05, and were able to receive the docs in time. For this name change, the SIgn and Sail card was ready to go without any 'divine intervention.'

Best of luck if he sails, however, it should not be a problem.

Archived